Theme: Five-letter Jumble - Use circles if you got 'em.
60A. Lakota chief at Little Bighorn, and what's literally found in this puzzle's circles: CRAZY HORSE
17A. Golf stroke played from sand: BUNKER SHOT
40A. Tire-inflating aid: AIR HOSE
11D. "Wish me luck!": "HERE'S HOPING!"
25D. Historic educational center of Paris' Latin Quarter: THE SORBONNE
Argyle here(in very nice company). The circles span two words and don't (I believe) spell any actual words. And where else can you find an entry like "Neener neener!"?
1. Foot-in-mouth incident: GAFFE
6. Blue ox of folklore: BABE. Worked with Paul Bunyan.
10. Pork or lamb cut: CHOP
14. Indian or Iranian: ASIAN
15. Tag sale condition: [AS IS]
16. Helen of Troy's mother: LEDA. Somebody just had to sneak a Troy reference in.
19. Wrinkle remover: IRON
20. Remarkable times: ERAs
21. Homes of blue-plate specials: DINERS
23. "The Simpsons" creator Groening: MATT
26. Apple mobile platform: iOS
28. __ fit: tantrum: HISSY
29. Readily available: ON HAND
31. Jerry of "Law & Order": ORBACH. It's been thirteen years since he died.
34. Act division: SCENE
35. Irritated incessantly: ATE AT
36. Canadian Thanksgiving mo.: OCT.. CSO, eh.
39. Hesitant sounds: UH's
42. Part of rpm: PER
43. John of England: LOO
44. Softens, with "down": TONES
45. In an unfriendly way: ICILY
47. Bitterness: RANCOR
49. Skippers on ponds: STONES. Year round sport.
50. Torah teacher: RABBI
52. Napoleon or Nero: Abbr.: EMP. (emperor)
54. Rainbow flag letters: LGBT. (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender)
55. Digital library contents: E-BOOKS
57. Bone-dry: ARID
59. Hit the runway: LAND
66. Skin breakout: ACNE
67. Poker pot starter: ANTE
68. Longtime NBC newsman Roger: O'NEIL
69. Classic Jaguars: XKEs
70. Recent returnees to Los Angeles: RAMS
71. Oft-poached fruit: PEARS. So many recipes.
1. Chatter away: GAB
2. Sun Devils sch.: ASU
3. First sign of a shark: FIN
4. Faux glow: FAKE TAN. "Lady's eyes go off and on with a finger full of glue
Lips are drawn upon her face in come-to-me tattoo
Creamy suntan color that fades when she bathes" - Greasy Heart by Jefferson Airplane
5. Part of DOE: Abbr.: ENER. (Department of Energy)
6. Low voice: BASSO
7. Blond shade: ASH
8. Short life story?: BIO
9. Abbr. on a cornerstone: ESTD. (Established)
10. Treatment facility: CLINIC
12. Smells: ODORS
13. Cultivated violet: PANSY. Think spring.
18. Roach spray brand: RAID
22. Critic's harsh words: "I HATE IT!"
23. City in northern Iraq: MOSUL
24. Dried chili pepper: ANCHO. When fresh they are referred to as poblanos. Anchos are flat, wrinkled, and heart shaped. The ancho is the sweetest of the dried chiles; and is most commonly used in authentic Mexican cooking and is a staple in red chili and tamales.
27. "Neener neener!": "SO THERE!"
30. Clutter-averse type: NEATNIK
32. Vintage cars named with the initials of their company's founder: REOs
33. Music majors' degs.: BAs. (Bachelor of Arts)
35. River of Florence: ARNO. Ponte Vecchio.
37. Fanzine figure: CELEB
38. Romantic rendezvous: TRYST
41. Org. with a five-ring logo: IOC. (International Olympic Committee)
46. Brewski: COLD ONE
48. Dwellings: ABODES
49. Agile: SPRY
50. "Just chill!": "RELAX!"
51. Taken __: shocked: ABACK
53. Puzzles with dead-end paths: MAZES
56. Lasting mark: SCAR
58. Chain famous for breakfasts: IHOP
61. Genetic letters: RNA
62. All-hrs. cash source: ATM
63. Belfast-born actor Stephen: REA
64. McCartney's title: SIR
65. Golf Hall of Famer Ernie: ELS