Theme: Reveal Monday - B-B-B, three word and only three word phrases with all words starting with 'B'.
20. *A little bit at a time, to a mason: BRICK BY BRICK. Video(2:51)
32. *Next step up after a crib, for some toddlers: BIG BOY BED. A tad forced? Clip(0:52)
40. *Hit by *NSYNC about the end of a relationship: "BYE, BYE, BYE". Video(6:42)
50. *Iconic refrain from the Trammps' 1976 hit "Disco Inferno": BURN BABY BURN! Video(3:43)
59. Consumer protection org., and a hint to the answers to starred clues: BBB. (Better Business Bureau)
Argyle here. So no Bed, Bath, and Beyond; no Best Buy bargain. Mostly solid entries but still some fill that might raise questions. We'll see.
1. Eydie who sang with Steve Lawrence: GORMÉ 4-Down. Did a Cuban dance: MAMBOED
6. Began a typical triathlon: SWAM, then bike and finally, run.
10. Went lickety-split: SPED
14. Construction girder: I-BEAM
15. Prefix with legal: PARA
16. Epitaph starter: HERE
For not rising.
17. Six-inch putt, say, in golf lingo: GIMME
18. Distinctive flair: ELAN
19. Eye part: IRIS
23. Heavy favorites: SHOO-INS
26. Those women, in Spain: ELLAs
27. Shabby homes: HOVELS
28. Huge: LARGE
31. Surprise police action: RAID. "Cheese it! The cops."
36. Grecian vessel of verse: URN
37. What "is yet to come," in a Sinatra classic: THE BEST
39. Shogun stronghold: EDO. The former name of Tokyo.
42. When repeated, a Samoan city: PAGO
43. Sleep clinic study: APNEA
44. Got via hard work: EARNED
46. Chicago airport: O'HARE
49. Diplomatic office: EMBASSY
54. Playground retort: "AM SO"
55. Shapeless mass: BLOB
56. Biting: ACERB
60. Space Race destination: MOON
61. Theater level: LOGE. Best seats.
62. Cygnus' brightest star: DENEB. Deneb lies at one vertex of a widely spaced asterism called the Summer Triangle. Wiki
63. "Rule, Britannia" composer: ARNE. Thomas Arne (1710 – 1778)
64. "Goodness gracious!": "EGAD!"
65. Founded: Abbr.: ESTAB. (established)
1. Jazzman's job: GIG
2. Japanese sash: OBI
3. Sleep stage: REM. (rapid eye movement)
5. TV chef Lagasse: EMERIL
6. Contractor's details: SPECS. specifications.
7. Base on balls: WALK
8. Spirited horse: ARAB
9. Scads of: MANY
10. Child star Temple: SHIRLEY. Heidi.
11. Danger: PERIL
12. "All My Children" vixen: ERICA. The anti-Heidi.
13. Newsroom fixtures: DESKS
21. Helpful connections: INs
22. Fathered, biblically: BEGOT
23. Landscaper's planting: SHRUB
24. White with age: HOARY
25. Sheeplike: OVINE
28. Tripoli's country: LIBYA Update: This Tripoli is the second largest city in Lebanon.
29. 1958 Pulitzer-winning author James: AGEE. "A Death in the Family"
30. Football carriers: Abbr.: RBs. (running back)
32. "Cheers" actress Neuwirth: BEBE. She portrayed Lilith Frasier.
33. Spilled the __: told all: BEANS
34. Barely beats: EDGES
35. Puppet Howdy __: DOODY. If you were around when this was new ....
37. Easygoing sort: TYPE B
38. Egg layer: HEN
41. Without exception: BAR NONE
42. Struts like a horse: PRANCES
44. Australian runner: EMU
45. Use sandpaper on: ABRADE
46. Trump predecessor: OBAMA
47. Funny stuff: HUMOR
48. Felonious flames: ARSON. Alliteration.
49. Subsided: EBBED
51. Ready, willing and __: ABLE
52. Modern diary: BLOG. I read, "Modern dairy". Oops.
53. Discipline with mats: YOGA
57. Tolkien tree creature: ENT
58. Stephen of "The Crying Game": REA