7. One in the headlights?: DEER.
8. Critter on XING signs: DEER.
32. Ref, slangily: ZEBRA.
33. Last critter in an ABC book: ZEBRA.
61. Throat trouble: FROG.
62. Kissable fairy-tale critter: FROG.
12. Craft for six puzzle answers: NOAH'S ARK.
41. 12-Down queueing pattern depicted by six puzzle answers: TWO BY TWO.
1. Teensy: ITSY.
5. Box for tea leaves: CADDY.
10. Japanese box lunch: BENTO.
15. Tree with an oil-rich seed: SHEA.
16. Streamlined: SLEEK.
17. Frank __ Wright: LLOYD.
18. "Long time no see" follower: HOW YOU BEEN.
20. Old enough: OF AGE.
21. "Lady and the __": TRAMP.
22. Traffic signals: ARROWS. There is an intersection near me that I avoid because so many drivers don't know (or don't care) that you can't turn right on a red arrow. I wait my turn (pun intended) for the green arrow only to be honked at by impatient drivers behind me.
24. Possesses: HAS.
25. Stage of grief: ANGER. Not quite the same, but okay.
26. Smartens (up): WISES.
28. Manhattan liquor: RYE. A Manhattan is made with whiskey (traditionally rye whiskey), sweet vermouth and bitters.
29. Full of activity: ABUZZ.
34. "Ben-Hur" extras: ROMANS.
37. "Now it's clear": OH I SEE.
38. Sonogram subject: EMBRYO.
39. Sticks (out): JUTS.
42. Had a nice chitchat: GABBED.
44. __ out a living: EKED.
45. Ahead: ONWARD.
47. Not for kids, filmwise: R-RATED.
49. One whose wages come from wagers: BOOKIE.
50. Slugger Hank: AARON.
51. Feel crummy: AIL. Aw.
54. Rum-flavored cakes: BABAS.
56. River mouth formation: DELTA.
58. Far from friendly: ICY.
60. Steep headlands: BLUFFS.
64. With deleted scenes included: UNCUT.
65. Passover staple: MATZO.
67. Likely to goof: ERROR PRONE.
69. Dam that created Lake Nasser: ASWAN. Built across the Nile in Aswan, Egypt.
70. Simoleons: MOOLA. Slang.
71. Cookie cooker: OVEN. Object, not a person.
72. Pork cuts: CHOPS. What is a CHOP?
73. Goad: EGG ON.
74. Twitter headquarters?: NEST. Nice.
1. Beatty/Hoffman box office flop: ISHTAR.
2. Sticky: THORNY.
3. Water treatment plant input: SEWAGE.
4. "I did good!": YAY ME.
5. Fort Collins sch.: CSU. Colorado State University.
6. Actress Jessica: ALBA.
9. Informal "See what I mean?": Y'KNOW.
10. Come into one's own: BLOSSOM.
11. Pixie: ELF.
13. Rapper whose name sounds like a big cat: TYGA.
14. Poems of praise: ODES.
19. "A Wrinkle in Time" (2018) actress: OPRAH.
23. Electrically connected with: WIRED TO.
27. Plant firmly: EMBED.
30. "So what?!": BIG DEAL.
31. Can. neighbor: USA.
35. TV's "Science Guy": NYE.
36. Lawn starter: SOD.
37. Honshu port: OSAKA.
39. Chore: JOB.
40. "One card left!" game warning: UNO.
43. Corn unit: EAR.
46. Science fair awards: RIBBONS.
48. Ultimately become: END UP.
51. Nook: ALCOVE.
52. 58-Down default music program: ITUNES.
53. Under the surface: LATENT.
55. "So I was wrong!": SUE ME.
57. Defunct scandal-plagued company: ENRON.
58. Apple computer: IMAC.
59. Toll lane choice: CASH. Cashless tolls (EZ Pass or by mail) are becoming more and more common now. Nice that cars don't have to stop, but also a little creepy.
63. Unaccompanied: SOLO.
66. Ray gun sound: ZAP.
68. Legged it: RAN.
Note from C.C. :
Happy birthday to dear CanadianEh!, who's been with our blog since 2012. Love your insightful and caring comments, CanadianEh!