google.com, pub-2774194725043577, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 L.A.Times Crossword Corner: Friday, June 17, 2022, Amie Walker

Advertisements

Jun 17, 2022

Friday, June 17, 2022, Amie Walker

 Title: G where did you come from?

Amie comes to us from Idaho; oh I mean I don't know. The theme is a very classic Friday add a letter to a L-starting phrase, clue to the new meaning and let the hilarity ensue. My new computer and I have been disagreeing all week so I have no idea what you will get as the final blog but again, it should be fun. 

18A. Protection from bright flashes of light?: GLINT SCREEN (11). Lint screens do protect, add a G and you are safe from the flashes. 

26A. Sparkly insects?: GLITTER BUGS (11). The fireflies light the way to pick up all the garbage.

44A. Sign on a sauna door?: GLISTEN HERE (10). The spa will tell you that you will shine from your sweating.

57A. Entry on a dating site for fireflies?: GLOW PROFILE (11). Well not a dupe but a description of the joy of dating someone who is not a loud mouth. 

Across:

1. "The Magic School Bus" airer: PBS. This has been around for many years, and has a classic theme song by a Star.


4. "Let's take it down a notch": NOW NOW. I can picture HG telling his class to settle down.

10. Dropbox files, informally: DOCS. Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by the American company Dropbox, Inc., headquartered in San Francisco, California, U.S. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud, and client software. Wikipedia.

14. Clickable link: URL. Just as buildings and houses have a street address, webpages also have unique addresses to help people locate them. On the Internet, these addresses are called URLs (Uniform Resource Locators).

15. Green, maybe: UNRIPE. Unripe can be good, especially for some olives, though not Ms. Oyl.

16. "Ocean to Ocean" singer Tori: AMOS. This is the title of both an album and a song. I think I will link the album. Not. Surprisingly bad language. LYRICS.


17. Issa of "The Lovebirds": RAE. Issa has kicked Norma to the curb.

20. Caustic solution: LYE. No, it is the truth. 

21. Philanthropist Melinda: GATES. The ex, now disposing of a tiny part of her fortune. It...

22. Tears: RENDS. ...at my heart strings. 

23. Amanda Gorman, for one: POET. We were inaugurated along with her and Joe.


                                        

25. Support: AID.

31. Puppy noise: YIP. I first read puppy nose and was quite confused. But it did not lead to any...

34. Many tweetstorms: RANTS. ...as I don't tweet, though I can ramble.

35. Actress Skye: IONE. Wow, she and Issa in a single puzzle!

36. Couch: SOFA. Sometimes they must give you one easy fill. 

37. "Bus Stop" playwright: INGE. Man, another four letter proper name starting with "I." Are there more? 

38. Takes for a ride: SCAMS. A major problem for the elderly in South Florida. 

39. Shades: HUES. But no cries.

40. Not biased: FAIR. This our goal as bloggers, and as people.

41. Decent plot: ACRE. I personally believe a book needs more of a plot than just land...oh that kind of plot.

42. Blot gently: DAB AT
                                                       

43. Spam holder: TIN. Fooled you, except for our Hawaiian solvers.

46. Droid: BOT. Robots.

47. Observe Ramadan: FAST. This is a part of what is the Islamic ritual celebrated in the  ninth month of the Islamic calendar, observed by Muslims worldwide as a month of fasting, prayer, reflection and community. Wikipedia. More DETAIL.

48. Just not done: TABOO. Each religion has its taboos, as do almost all organizations and groups.

51. Behavior pattern: HABIT. This is often influenced by what we are taught by organizations and groups.

54. Short-term sculpture material: ICE. If you do it right you could melt his/her/their heart.

59. Machine part: COG

60. Just chilling: IDLE.

61. Course requirements?: PLATES. The trickiest of the clue/fills for me, as you need new plates (dishes) to serve each new course of a meal. Bravo.

62. Commotion: ADO.

63. Chow: FOOD.

64. Least significant: MEREST

65. Take home: NET. Straight forward if you know we are talking about pay.

Down:

1. Pixar short about a ball of yarn: PURL. Purl is the first short of Pixar's Spark Shorts program, in which employees at Pixar are given six months and limited budgets to produce short animated films. The film is about a pink ball of yarn which is discriminated against because of her upbeat and cheerful attitude.

2. Heehaw: BRAY. Say it out load, then laugh.

3. Not setting an alarm, say: SLEEPING IN. This may be a debut for this phrase in the LAT. 

4. Denver team: NUGGETS. There was gold in them thar hills. 

5. Airing in the wee hours: ON LATE. See Leno infra.

6. Judicial order: WRIT. Most are just orders.

7. "Enough" number of women justices on the Supreme Court, per Ruth Bader Ginsburg: NINE. She was priceless.

8. Decides: OPTS. In or out.

9. "Rushmore" director Anderson: WES. Wesley Wales Anderson is an American filmmaker. His films are known for their eccentricity and unique visual and narrative styles. Wiki. He is only 53. My computer has decided to stop playing trailers, so you are on your own. 

10. Had the nerve: DARED

11. Itchy ears, to some: OMEN. I have heard of itchy palms, not ears.

12. Like many dorms: COED. So many adventures never would have been adventures.

13. IRS IDs: SSNS.

19. NFL analyst Collinsworth: CRIS. He has moved to ESPN to do Monday night football. A fellow Florida graduate.

24. Critter that eats while floating on its back: OTTER.

25. Range listed on board games: AGES.

26. Take for a ride: GRIFT. A random G to spoil the perfection? No, as said, a needed G.

27. Island west of Maui: LANAI.

28. Christina of "Yellowjackets": RICCI.

29. Wild hogs: BOARS. I saw many of those in Georgia. 

30. Yet to be fulfilled: UNMET.

31. "Count on me!": YOU BET I CAN. Did you know Jay Leno is doing Groucho's show on the CW?

32. Lead-in to bad news: I FEAR. There are at least 16 more clues to solve.

33. Fake jewelry: PASTE.

36. "__ of Sunset": reality series featuring Persian Americans in Beverly Hills: SHAHS. I don't watch fake reality series.

38. Brine ingredient: SALT.

42. Genealogy aid: DNA TEST. I have met quite few previously unknown relatives; I think it is cool.

44. Mucky stuff: GOOP. Is it GOO and POOP? Either way...

45. Goes paperless at tax time: E-FILES.

46. Bent in the wind: BOWED. We get a lot of that from June through November.

48. "Yay, the weekend!": TGIF. Boring, oops I mean Thank G-d It's Friday.

49. Montreal-based shoe brand: ALDO. This fill has appeared before as Canadian shoe brand but I have no idea who wrote this clue, Patty, Christina or Amie.

50. String tie: BOLO. Boring, oops I mean bolo.

51. "Celebrity Skin" rock band: HOLE. It is both a song and an album, how about a picture?

                                                        
52. Miles off: AFAR. Far better thing I do...

53. Take the bait: BITE. The word bait "food put on a hook or trap to attract prey," c. 1300, from Old Norse beita "food, bait," especially for fish which led to the fish biting which led to anyone being hooked into something they did not want to do.

55. System of rules: CODE. This was derived from the Latin CODEX,  a term which originally denoted a systematic collection of statutes made by Justinian or any of the later Roman emperors. See behavior and taboo supra.

56. Four-award acronym: EGOT. The Emmy Grammy Oscar Tony acronym was coined by actor Philip Michael Thomas in late 1984, when his role on the then new hit show Miami Vice brought him instant fame, and he stated a desire to achieve the EGOT within five years. Thomas has never been nominated for any of the EGOT awards.

58. Turntable letters: RPM. Revolutions Per Minute and a nice historical place for me to spin away. I hope you all enjoyed the concert brought to you by the concerted effort of Amie who has been ready and Lemonade who is me. Thank you all who read, write and pray for Boomer.





32 comments:

Subgenius said...

Although there were a couple of rather obscure answers, such as "purl," on the whole I found the puzzle fair and fun. FIR, so I'm happy.

desper-otto said...

Good morning!

Yay, no reveal to miss. Is it just me, or did this seem easy for a Friday? Only needed Wite-Out to correct COWBOYS to NUGGETS (oops, wrong state) -- at least the S was correct. Thanx, Amie (is this a debut?) and Lemonade. (GRIFT wasn't random -- Amie had to use the G of that themer.)

COED: I lived in a pseudo-COED dorm one summer back in the '60s. Witte Hall consisted of two towers with a common area on the ground floor.

OwenKL said...

FIRight! No particular difficulties.
Theme is G for Good.

AMANDA GORMAN is a name to note.
As a POET, she may become the Goat!
Her words are sure,
Her motives pure.
Compared to her, I may as well be a shoat!

Beware of SCAMS, and other such GRIFT.
To surf the Net, cynicism is a gift.
Be ever suspicious.
Cons may be viscous.
Hey, did I mention, I'm a Nigerian ptince?

{B+, B+.]

KS said...

FIR. Clever theme, and proof you don't need a unified to solve it. Very nice Friday challenge.

Jinx in Norfolk said...

TGIF? No, FIRF! Erased rea for RAE, burnt for TABOO, and fiat for WRIT. DNK AGAS or that ALDO sold shoes.

Interesting that we had both end-of-week cries:
-TGIF: Thank God Its Friday!
-POETs day: Piss On Everything, Tomorrow's Saturday!

HOLE was an alt-rock band, put together by Kurt Cobain's bride-to-be, Courtney Love.

FLN - WC, True facts.

Thanks to Amie for the fun Friday puzzle that even I could finish. And thanks to Lemony for the informative review.

PK said...

Hi Y'all! Fun & fast. Least time spent on a solve in several days. Thanks, Amie. Thanks, Lemonade for adding to the fun.

Got the "G" theme with the second one which helped with the others.

Minor hang up in the bottom center. I was thinking college "course requirement" not PLATES crossed with RPM/__LE in HOLE (never heard of 'em) and ME in merest. Had the REST. Only red-letter run today.

"Let's take it down a notch" does not suggest NOW NOW to me. More like "shut up". ESP but I knew the NUGGETS. Watched them in the NBA playoffs. (Yay, Golden State Warriors won the championship last night even though I slept through the last half until the final minutes. Aaargh! Oh well, it was getting too physically rough for my liking.)

DNK: PURL, IONE, SHAHS, RICCI, ALDO, RAE. Perped in okay.

Big Easy said...

A very nice puzzle with easily recognized added letter theme but a FIW today. Took a hard look at 41D for "mucky stuff', wanted GOOP, but also saw GLOWWORM FILE. Never heard of of the band HOLE and filled HMLE. GLOW PROFILE came to mind. No other real problems.

SHAHS, PURL, RICCI, and ALDO were unknowns filled by perps.
SLEEPING IN- just wish I could sleep for more than three hours straight. No alarm for me.

Jinx- About 40 years AGO a bar named P.O.E.T.S in Metairie opened down the street from a TGIF restaurant. For a while it was the 'in' spot before closing.

Yellowrocks said...

I will try again. I thought my post yesterday was one of my better ones. When it disappeared and I lost the whole thing, I quit.
This seemed fast and easy for a Friday. I needed perps and wags for HOLE, CHRIS, and WES. The theme was soon evident and helped the solve.
The question mark and having the P made PLATES an easy wag for course requirements. Clever.
For PURL I had the UR center. Ball of yarn suggested PURL, a knitting stitch.
Persian Americans was a good hint along with S--HS to get SHAHS.
The Magi School Bus series of books is popular with 6-9 year olds.
When I was teaching while raising kids, I didn't celebrate TGIF. Saturday, catch up day was the hardest day of the week and Sunday evening was taken up with lesson planning.

Anonymous said...

Took 7:34 to Gget this one.

I had Broncos before Nuggets, but "now now" (which I agree with the prior comment) corrected that.

I was confident Hole had released "Celebrity Skin" 25ish years ago, but thought that may be obscure for the LAT Crossword. I don't care for "merest".

I think Yellowrocks just inadvertently created a new hit show, "Magi School Bus". Watch as Balthazar and his friends travel the Middle East in a converted school bus without the navigational needs of a star....

TGIF.

ATLGranny said...

Yes, to WEES (what everyone else said)! A fast and fun Friday puzzle that I FIR. With the second themer I got it: add a G to the common phrase starting with L. Later I noticed the first words are similar. GLINT, GLITTER, GLISTEN and GLOW. Thanks, Amie, for a puzzle that made me glad I could solve it.

Some WOs as I first entered wrong words but perps were helpful for those as well as for unknown names. Thanks, Lemonade, for your review done with humor as well as needed information.

TGIF with a FAST start. Now onto morning chores while it's cooler. Hope you all have a great weekend!

CanadianEh! said...

TGIFriday. Thanks for the fun, Amie and Lemonade.
I FIRed and saw the G theme early. Nice catch re the shiny Gs, ATLGranny.

Mini-FOOD theme with FAST, PLATES, UNRIPE, NUGGETS, SALT, ICE, and Spam in a TIN.

Far west was last to fill. My Spam was in a Can, then a Bin (for junk mail), until GRIFT finally appeared.

Wishing you all a great day.

Irish Miss said...

Good Morning:

I thought the themers were sort of vanilla until I just read ATLGranny’s astute observation of the synonymous G words, which definitely makes my appreciation go up a notch! It also reinforces my lack of observational skills. I thought the solve was on the easy side for a Friday, probably due to the obvious theme. The only unknowns were Aldo and Hole, as clued.

Thanks, Amie, for a fun Friday and thanks, Lemony, for the fun facts and many links which I’ll check out when they decide to appear on my Glint Screen.

SS @ 7:43 ~ Funny imagery. 🤭

Have a good day.

unclefred said...

Got ‘er done for a FIR in about 30. Don’t know time exactly because of interruptions. Anyway, fair Friday fare with a few too many proper names and a lot I DNK and had to rely on perps and a few WAGs, but it all eventually came together. Habits reminds me of the old joke that it is O.K. to fondle a nun, as long as you don’t get into the habit. Favorite fill: YOUBETICAN, because it was an early WAG that broke the SE for me. Thanx for the mental exercise, AW. And thanx too for the wonderful write-up, Lemonade. Please know all the time and effort you put into it is appreciated. I hope Boomer and C.C. are managing their way through this weeks trials and tribulations.

waseeley said...

Thank you Amie for a felicitous Friday puzzle that seemed more like a Wednesday Has Patti heard the "cries of the poor" (solvers) on the Corner, and taken pity on us? That said I got a DNF as I DNK ALDO, although I could have probably perped it if I weren't so IDLE. And I liked the GLorryous theme. Keep on truckin' Amie!

And thank you Lemony for a wry, very informative review, and for some interesting Internet BLING (my first candidate for PASTE). DNK HOLE and liked the clip.

35A IONE. Loved reminiscing as I climbed through her family tree.

43A TIN. A CSO to our sundown solver?

54A ICE. My grandson is from Harbin, China, home of the world famous Ice Festival. Their "short term" sculptures last for two months.

9D WES. My favorite of his films is The Grand Budapest Hotel. A real "Concerto for Actors" (a la Bartok) and a cinematic tour de force.

48D TGIF. Until this second this went right over my head.

55D CODE. Wasn't sure about the "taboo supra" reference, so I Googled it. This was probably purely serendipitous, but a fascinating discovery.

Cheers,
Bill

Ray - O - Sunshine said...


FIR, easy Friday ...obvious theme finally but got fooled by three GLI's. The last was GLO. Inkovers: lps/RPM, diarist/DNATEST. . The "poet"? Didn't know it. "The Rock band"?..ALDO? ..nope

By now I know INGE and his plays "Bus Stop"..(never understood the first few lines.)

I use "Dropbox", then I can't find the docs I "dropped" there.😒... "Chow" could be FOOD for a coyote.😲

PURL, A knitting term, though I wasn't sure it crossed with PBS and not CTN (children's television network), so perpwaited. "The GRIFTers" great 90's crime film with Anjelica Huston. I'm a "Yellowjackets" (Showtime) series addict (a contemporary "Lord of the Flies" type drama/mystery) but still needed perps for RICCI.....Liked "course requirements" PLATES..now that is a Friday-worthy clue

"Some animals claim their territory with a" GLANDMARK?.. "Mirror writing is" GLASSBACKWARDS?..ok. ok. I'll stop and leave quietly. 🚪🕺

😁



Husker Gary said...

Musings
-WELDING MASK was protection from bright flashes of light before the fun gimmick appeared
-NOW, NOW works, Lemon, but you have to actually wait for them to settle down before proceeding
-NOW, NOW, What Patti’s thinks is FAIR cluing HABITS are settling in.
-Lyrics today do have kids using “coarser” language. George Carlin would say, “They’re only words!”
-My town has made Spam in TINS for decades.
-The list of TABOOS is shrinking like our cwd friend the Aral Sea
-48 days of subbing this year: Gross: $7,200.00, NET: $5,780.47.
-I only set an alarm when I have a plane to catch. Otherwise, I depend on our kitty.
-NUGGETS, Rockies and Broncos also work
-A wonderful movie about GRIFTING and the Dirty 30’s and got an O in the egOt for Tatum O’Neal.
-Why did this ALDO leap to my mind?
-My 23ANDME DNA test led to find out a relative had two slaves when he left Virginia for Kentucky

Subgenius said...

I agree with WEES about the relative easiness of this puzzle. Perhaps we're going in reverse now, with Monday being the hardest and Friday the easiest? Actually, it doesn't seem like the order is quite that logical, although Monday definitely seemed harder than usual and Friday easier than usual. Go figure!

Monkey said...

Great Friday puzzle with just enough challenge to make it fun. Thank you Alt granny for the reveal of glowing words.

Except for hanging on to YAP instead of YIP a little too long, quick solve.

Yes, The Grand Budapest Hotel is a favorite of mine too.

Anonymous T said...

Hi All!

That was easy for a Friday. Thanks Amie and congrats on the LAT debut(?). I liked the theme.

Thank you Lem for the post-fill review.

WO: I FEel ->FEAR
ESPs: PURL | RAE, RICCI | IONE, LANAI, SHAHS, ALDO
Fav: SLEEPING IN. Sunday will be the first time in a week I (hope) I CAN.

The Girls loved Magic School Bus. Lily Tomlin voiced the teacher.
I prefer this Magic Bus [The Who] //nice Hollies, Ray-O! LOL GLASS BACKWARDS

{B+, A}

FLN - Nice to see you LeoIII. Yes, DW is smarter than me and, yes, will try to blurt out answers at me... Noooo!

HG - I already had GATES so didn't even try the other Mile-High teams.

unclefred - LOL. Let's hope Lucina appreciates the humor ;-)

Cheers, -T

Misty said...

Delightful, manageable, fun Friday puzzle--many thanks, Amie. And thanks for your very helpful commentary, Lemonade.

Liked your poems, Owen.

Always nice to see a POET in a puzzle, along with a writer like INGE, a favorite of mine.

Goofed by putting ARF in for that puppy noise, which created problems when I just knew SOFA had to be right. Finally fixed it with the YIP. It's been a while since I've had a puppy in the house.

How could Chow be anything other than FOOD? Easy one, thanks, Amie.

Have a great weekend, everybody.

Lucina said...

Hola!

Today our driveways are being repaved so of course, I was awakened early by the sound of machinery in mine so no SLEEPING IN today. But I was treated to Amie Walker's fun puzzle. GLINT, GLITTER and GLISTEN are words that are dear to my heart. I love GLITTER. My license plate has a GLITTER frame and most of my shoes GLITTER and GLISTEN.

Christina RICCI has been acting from a very young age but she is all grown up now.

I've never heard of the band HOLE but it perped easily.

My HABIT started out black but then we switched to gray which made it much cooler and lighter than the wool serge.

LANAI crossing TIN; that's rich. Hawaiians love their spam.

The firm which does my taxes E-FILES and the results are back in less than two weeks.

Mani/pedi day today! My nail tech will be leaving on vacation soon.

Enjoy your day, everyone! It's already 100 degrees at 9:37!



Lucina said...

uncleFred:
No, I had not heard that joke so thanks for the laugh. Believe me, it would be a brave man who would try to enter through all those pleats and many yards of material.

CrossEyedDave said...

Ray-O,
I too, never understood the opening lyrics to bus stop...

Wasn't going to post, as I had nothing to add, and then I thought....

Note: I watched the entire 8:53 ( short?) of "Purl," thinking I was going to post it here, but I was "meh" about the beginning, "meh" about the middle, and "meh" about the end. While it does have some social commentary, it is just not entertaining enough to post here. I understand now why it is lesser known.

If I may, for your amusement instead post a Christmas Carol goes wrong,
I know Old Man Keith will get a kick out of it.
Ray-O, pls note the glass backwards reference in between time stamps 12:20 and 13:20 where straw becomes warts...

waseeley said...

Ray - O @10:06 AM Thanks for that trip down memory lane with the Hollies. So many of their great songs I thought were from other groups.

Misty @11:37 AM You always have to perp wait that puppy.

Ray - O - Sunshine said...

...WAZ ..& CED: thanks for the translation...but by the time I hear the song again I'll forget the lyrics. 😬

Ol' Man Keith said...

GEE, a clever PZL from Ms. Walker, parsed by Lemonade.
It's in line with recent Friday challenges, not as hard as our first glance suggests... FIR by me.

BRAY tell: didn't we have this recently?

HUES are not necessarily "Shades." As I recall from color theory classes (from many, many years ago, in Lighting Design 101), HUES may be either Shades (darker colors) or Tints (lighter), depending on a brightness scale.

SLEEPING IN? Past a certain age, does anybody need an alarm on their clock? Since I retired in '16, I rarely need to get up at a certain hour. When I do, it is probably for a doctor's appointment.
But I never bother with an alarm. My body just knows.
~ OMK
_____________
DR:
Three-way on the far side.
The central diagonal gives us an anagram (12 of 15 letters) for what professional blackjack dealers call it when...
Card cheats hit their tables with extra one-spots.
It's widely known as...

"FLOODING ACES"!

Lemonade714 said...

Like all of our bloggers I work hard on our write-ups and it is disconcerting to not have things go well while composing which deflected me from my first goal of informing. Even without distractions I will forget to include things which I thought about when I began writing, though what is included is generally done so for a purpose. It is extra fun when the readers find those little gems. As a group you all are so articulate and expert in your approach and knowledge I know there is always more to see than I do.

Go Corner!

Jayce said...

I liked this puzzle. I agree with Irish Miss that ATLGranny's observation about the theme enhances it.

If DNATEST had been RNATEST, DABAT would be RABAT.

I have sometimes felt as if I was just a COG in the machine. Other times I have felt as if I was the machine.

I stopped using Dropbox years ago when it began to take control of and hog my computer's resources. I think it thought it was the operating system. Nobody I shared files with used it anyway.

I like green olives and UNRIPE bananas.

Lemonade, interesting note about the three 4-letter names all starting with I: Issa, IONE, and INGE. Good catch.

In America we have Spam in a can and throw away our stuff into the garbage can. In the U.K. they are a TIN and a BIN.

BRAY: Say it loud and it's almost like yawning. (Credit to Stephen Sondheim for most of those words).

As a kid I DARED to jump over a barbed wire fence. I got badly cut as a result. You can still see a couple of scars on my leg. Apparently it was an OMEN to those who DARED me because none of them attempted it.

I have a friend named Kris who hates it when people spell his name CRIS.

Didn't Larry Ellison buy the entire island of LANAI?

There are tame BOARS too. I imagine every hog farm has at least one.

Doesn't Gwyneth Paltrow hawk a product called GOOP?

Good wishes to you all.

Ol' Man Keith said...

CrossEyedDave@12:06 ~ Thanks for thinking of me.
I enjoyed parts of that BBC spoof. It reminded me how over-the-top some British humor (or. er...humour) can go. Outrageous!
Unfortunately, the laugh-track proved too disconcerting to watch it all the way through.

I did a couple of versions of the Carol in my day, including a one-man show reading of it just before retirement.
Dickens created a marvelous story, and his innate theatrical sense made it a joy to adapt for either stage or film.
~ OMK

Misty said...

Waseeley, I really miss having a puppy. But after having two of my sweet dachshunds taken off brutally by coyotes in my backyard over three years, I just couldn't face the danger of more loss. But they are still in my heart.

Wilbur Charles said...

Sorry I'm late Another busy day even though I solved yesterday.

If Not NOW NOW how about There, there

Yes, SOFA was automatic but I had trouble because I had arf/YIP. As did Misty I see

Did TIN get his CSO?. Yep, waseeley remembered

PK, Series was indeed rough but the better team won. C's fell asleep from end of 2nd to halfway into 3rd quarter. 21-0 spurt. C's were exhausted and Warriors depth and overall quality was too much. Oh, did I mention Steph Curry?

I thought it was "Bus stop, Busco "

I always mixup boors,Boers and BOARS

The greatest deterrent to coyotes and other varmints is a mule speaking of BRAY


WC

Lucina said...

Jayce:
Yes, I recall Gwyneth Paltro's GOOP.

Misty, I didn't know of your loss and I'm sorry to hear it. Coyotes are a nuisance here, too, especially for people who live close to the mountains.