Theme: No Grey Area - Everything is black-and-white.
17. Black-and-white cruiser : PATROL CAR
25. Black-and-white puzzles : CROSSWORDS
30. Black-and-white music makers : PIANO KEYS
45. Black-and-white companion : DALMATIAN
50. Black-and-white flag : JOLLY ROGER
64. Black-and-white ocean predator : ORCA WHALE
Argyle here. Bruce seems to manage a different style of puzzle every time he visits us. Straightforward clues, six themed entries; easy Monday. A lot of 5-letter entries results in a lot of 3-letter entries but a fair trade-off.
Something for Tinbeni.
1. Also : TOO
4. Hotelier Helmsley : LEONA. "Queen of Mean".
9. Make small adjustments to : TWEAK
14. Post-ER area : ICU. (intensive care unit)
15. First stage : ONSET
16. ABBA's "__ Mia" : MAMMA
19. High-tech prefix with space : CYBER
20. Memorial __ Kettering: NYC hospital : SLOAN * Cancer Center founded in 1884.
21. Teensy bit : A TAD
23. Word on a penny : CENT
24. Yin's partner : YANG
27. When doubled, a Pacific island : BORA
29. Actor DiCaprio, familiarly : LEO
35. "The Jetsons" boy : ELROY
39. Go over snow : SKI
40. Painkiller with a Meltaways children's brand : TYLENOL
42. "__ Maria" : AVE
43. 2014 film about civil rights marches : SELMA
47. Outfielder's asset : ARM
49. Brouhahas : ADOs
56. Take five : REST
59. October birthstone : OPAL
60. Curly-horned goat : IBEX
61. Happen : OCCUR
62. Really casual "No prob!" : "NATCH!". Tenuous connection.
66. Pal of Threepio : ARTOO. (R2-D2)(C-3PO)
67. Behave theatrically : EMOTE
68. Type : ILK
69. Way up or way down : STEPS
70. Meeting of church delegates : SYNOD
71. Albany is its cap. : NYS. (New York State) *Slight dupe with 20-Across clue.
1. Slightly sloshed : TIPSY
2. City in Florida's horse country : OCALA. We had this last Monday. Remember?
3. Released from jail until trial : OUT ON BAIL
4. Diving lake bird : LOON. Very apt for this puzzle.
5. Picture that shows more detail: Abbr. : ENL. (enlargement)
6. "Sesame Street" grouch : OSCAR
7. "Sweet!" : "NEATO!" 10D. "Totally awesome!" : "WAY COOL!"
8. Gillette razors : ATRAs
9. HBO rival : TMC. The Movie Channel (TMC) is a cable and satellite network that is owned by the Showtime Networks, a subsidiary of CBS Corporation
11. Campfire glower : EMBER
12. Modify, as a law : AMEND
13. Go-__: mini racers : KARTS
18. Tease relentlessly : RAG ON. "of unknown origin"
22. ISP option : DSL. (internet service provider/digital subscriber line) It's been hashed over before; just accept it and move on.
25. Like dense brownies : CAKY. or CAKEY. (Spell Check didn't like either.)
26. Little shaver, to Burns : WEE LAD
28. Dial type on old phones : ROTARY
30. Ltr. add-ons : PSs. (Postscripts)
31. Eisenhower nickname : IKE. Dwight D. Eisenhower, 34th President.
32. Days of yore, quaintly : ELD
33. Supporting vote : YEA
34. NBC show that celebrated its 40th anniversary in Feb. : SNL. (Saturday Night Live)
36. Cause an uproar of Biblical proportions? : RAISE CAIN
37. Fertility clinic eggs : OVA
38. Itch : YEN
41. Actor Sharif : OMAR. (Omar Sharif)
44. Shoplifter catcher, often : MALL COP
46. Handheld burning light : TORCH
48. Med. scan : MRI. (magnetic resonance imaging)
50. __ Brothers: pop music trio : JONAS. Come and gone.
51. Dizzying painting genre : OP ART
52. Coffeehouse order : LATTE
53. Bassoon relatives : OBOEs
54. Potentially infectious : GERMY
55. Former jailbird : EX-CON
57. Tarnish : SULLY
58. Tough hikes : TREKs
61. Didn't pay yet : OWED
63. Laughs from Santa : HOs
65. From __ Z : A TO