google.com, pub-2774194725043577, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 L.A.Times Crossword Corner: Sunday January 14, 2024 Darryl Gonzalez

Advertisements

Jan 14, 2024

Sunday January 14, 2024 Darryl Gonzalez

Theme: "Posted" - Each sign is phrased as if it's in a place in the clue.

23. Sign in a stadium locker room?: DON'T TURN OFF THE FAN. Sports fan.

32. Sign in a writer's room?: AUTHORIZED STAFF ONLY. Author.

58. Sign in a therapist's reception room?: VISITORS MUST SHOW ID. The id in psyche. 

84. Sign at a law firm specializing in the Fifth Amendment?: NOTICE NO ADMITTANCE. Admit.

107. Sign at a cafeteria?: CAUTION FORKLIFT AREA. Fork.

120. Sign at a used bike shop?: PLEASE RECYCLE HERE. Cycle.

Where do you see "Don't Turn Off the Fan" sign?

I like this type of literal rephrasing type. Always makes me think of the great John Lampkin. Have not seen his byline for a long time. Also, where's our Jeffrey?

Across:

1. Old Route 66 city: TULSA.

6. Hindu "sir": BABU. Remember this Babu on "Seinfeld"?


10. Subway fare: HEROS.

15. Audit asst.: CPA.

18. By the seat of one's pants, e.g.: IDIOM.

19. Mil. pilot's branch: USAF.

20. Players between midfield and defense in lacrosse: ATTACK. Never watched lacrosse.

22. Not 'neath: O'ER.

26. Industrial tank: VAT.

27. Cabinet dept. with a windmill on its seal: ENER.

28. Eur. realm until 1806: HRE. Holy Roman Empire.

29. Outrage: IRE.

30. Food mill substitutes: RICERS.



38. Bedroom piece: BUREAU.

40. Trick for a treat, perhaps: SIT. I also like these clues: 41. Bank buildings?: LEVEES 15. Cast party?: COVEN. 49. Full bore?: YAWNER. 47. Cutting edge of fashion?: HEM.

42. Every bit: ALL.

43. "Black" or "white" mammal that is actually gray: RHINO.

46. Propped (up): SHORED.

48. Autocorrect target: TYPO.

52. California's Point __ National Seashore: REYES. Bring me here.



54. N.K. Jemisin's Broken Earth trilogy, e.g.: SAGA.

56. The America's Cup, for one: EWER.

57. Bring to a near boil: SCALD.

62. Oven setting: BAKE.

65. Early virtual forum: USENET.

66. Leisurely walk: PASEO. I only use AMBLE.

67. Class reunion roster word: NEE.

68. Part of a vague threat: OR ELSE.

70. __ shanty: SEA.

72. Some backyard grills: WEBERS.

74. Home watcher: UMP. Home plate.

75. Not quite right: AMISS.

79. Brand for sensitive skin: AVEENO. They use oats in their products.

83. Long ago, in the past: ERST.

88. Beverage: DRINK.

89. Otis Redding's "__ Little Tenderness": TRY A.

90. Univ. applicant exams: SATS.

91. Shark hunters: ORCAS.

95. Harmonized, with "in": SYNC.

96. Starts working on: SETS TO.

98. Not this second: LATER.

100. Keep a stiff upper __: LIP.

101. Sysadmins, e.g.: IT PROS.

103. __-fi: SCI.

105. Just: MERELY.

113. Learn to live with: ACCEPT.

114. French word common in fragrance names: EAU. Eau de chlorine for me. And yes, Wendy, my flutter kicks are getting stronger, but my left shoulder acted up early this month. I can somehow do breaststrokes, but no freestyle or butterfly. Bummer!

115. 52, in Roman numerals: LII.

116. "Frozen" reindeer: SVEN.

119. Vietnamese soup: PHO. 2. Hokkaido noodle: UDON. 8. Stuffed bun: BAO. Tasty Asian food. 

126. Geological period: EON.

127. Barked sharply: YIPPED.

128. Cold and clammy: DANK. Winter is finally here. Our high is -2 today.

129. Child of Uranus: TITAN.

130. Put on: DON.

131. Secures, as a package: TAPES.

132. Takes responsibility for: OWNS.

133. Informal "Let's say ...": S'POSE.

Down:

1. Laundry brand: TIDE.

3. In a straightforward way: LINEARLY.

4. "Amen to that": SO TRUE.

5. Tsp. or tbsp.: AMT.

6. Small donkey: BURRO.

7. "Carl's Date" voice actor Ed: ASNER.

9. Gallery on the Arno: UFFIZI. "The Birth of Venus" is here.


10. Despised: HATED.

11. Biblical suffix: ETH. And 39. Diminutive suffix: ULE.

12. ETA determiner: RTE.

13. Clod: OAF.

14. Gobbled (down): SCARFED.

16. Oyster bead: PEARL.

17. Like some Pinterest boards: ARTSY.

21. Hibachi chef's need: KNIFE.

24. "Yup": UH HUH.

25. Worries: FRETS.

31. Sam's Club competitor: COSTCO. Everything there is so big. 

33. Anklebones: TARSI.

34. Shape with equal angles: ISOGON.

35. Ease off the gas: SLOW UP.

36. Saint of Ávila: TERESA.

37. Avoids: AVERTS.

38. Trivia night setting: BAR.

44. Goddess whose tears cause the Nile to rise: ISIS. Myth.


45. Corddry of "For All Mankind": NATE.


50. Wire-bending hand tool: PLIERS.

51. Most bizarre: ODDEST.

53. Stunt legend Knievel: EVEL.

55. Aphrodite's consort: ARES.

57. Clog or wedge: SHOE.

59. "What're you gonna do about it?": SUE ME.

60. Pressure cooker release: STEAM.

61. Stitch to: SEW ON.

62. Moves like a kangaroo: BOUNDS.

63. Weapons center: ARMORY.

64. Didn't edit out: KEPT IN.

69. Bag for a field day race: SACK.

71. Thrifty rival: AVIS.

73. Lagerita ingredient: BEER. I did not know the meaning of "Lagerita" : a Margarita cocktail for tough guys, according to Urban Dictionary. Made of lager beer and tequila.

 



76. Summer worker, perhaps: INTERN.

77. More or less: SORT OF.

78. Believes, vocally: SAYS SO.

80. Inclusive Latin term: ET ALII.

81. "Tell Mama" singer James: ETTA.

82. Condé __: NAST.

85. Stir up: INCITE.

86. Not "dis": DAT.

87. Apple tool: CORER.

92. Embrace: CLEAVE TO.

93. Have a bug: AIL. And 94. Have a bug?: SPY.

96. Under a Super Trouper, e.g.: SPOTLIT.  Super Trouper is a brand of spotlight.


97. Humanitarian Schindler: OSKAR.

99. Yahoo! service: EMAIL.

102. __-toe: TIPPY.

104. British name for a game with suspects: CLUEDO.

106. Send again: RE-SHIP.

107. Like many superheroes: CAPED.

108. Tickled nose noise: ACHOO.

109. 2023 NCAA men's basketball champs: UCONN. Their men's team is good too?

110. Stock for oboists: REEDS.

111. "Gone Girl" author Gillian: FLYNN.

112. Woodland pests: TICKS.

117. Periods of time: ERAS.

118. State bird of Hawaii: NENE.

121. Clean air org.: EPA.

122. iPad download: APP.

123. "Told you!": SEE.

124. Crow sound: CAW.

125. "Arrival" arrivals: ETS.

Happy Birthday to dear JD, who sent me this picture around Christmas. JD said "we go to A LOT of baseball, football, volleyball, and basketball games. Dylan, the youngest, prefers Tae Kwan Do, also fun to watch" Dylan was not born yet when JD joined our blog ages ago.

Have a go at this Atlas Obscura "Dry Run" puzzle (12/18/2023) if you have some extra time. One of my favorite puzzles from last year. It's edited by Samir Patel, the editor-in-chief of Atlas Obscura. They have a new puzzle every Monday.

I also have today's Modern Crossword. Click here to solve. Themeless. It's edited by by Kelsey Dixon.

C.C.

38 comments:

Subgenius said...

While I didn’t quite understand all the word play (what does “notice no admittance” have to do with the fifth amendment?) I did enjoy solving this clever puzzle. FIR, so I’m happy.

desper-otto said...

Good morning!

SubG, I think it is supposed to be like "Posted, No Trespassing." In this case, admit nothing -- take the fifth.

Took a half-hour for d-o to create his DNF this morning: BABA/AFFIZI looked just fine. Tried SQUARE at first where ISOGON was supposed to go. IM is not going to be happy with the plethora of 3-letter entries. Thought the themers were cute, but overall this one turned into a slog. Thanx, Darryl and C.C. (Eau de chlorine, indeed.)

Jinx in Norfolk said...

Sub - No admittance - don't admit anything - 5th amendment protection against self-incrimination.

FIW, missing gETS TO x gPOT LIT. The only showbiz lights I know are Kliegs.

Today is:
RATIFICATION DAY (commemorates the ratification of the Treaty of Paris on January 14, 1784, at the Maryland State House in Annapolis, Maryland)
NATIONAL DRESS UP YOUR PET DAY (I’ve seen greyhound costumes that make a dog look like a bus with long legs. Must be home made, since I can’t find them for sale anywhere)
NATIONAL HOT PASTRAMI SANDWICH DAY (one of my all-time favorites – the sloppier the better)
NATIONAL SUNDAY SUPPER DAY (when grew up, we ate breakfast, then dinner, then supper)

Erased beg for SIT, warm for BAKE, et alia for ET ALII, and actor for COVEN.

Actually, all branches of the military have pilots. Pilots of USAF and USN are wary of each other.

Zoё doesn't beg or SIT for a treat. She just looks with those soulful eyes, or if she really needs a treat, she nudges.

I only remember Three Dog Night doing Try a Little Tenderness.

I still remember Gimme Dat Ding by one-hit wonders The Pipkins. I prefer the cover by Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show.

Last week was a tough one on the road for the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship. Five of the top six teams, including my Kentucky Wildcats, lost to unranked teams. Parity is alive and well.

Figured that a Lagerita was a make-do in establishments that have a beer-and-wine only license. Thanks to CC for the heads up. I would call it a "Mexican Boilermaker."

I'm not too sure that "believes, vocally" is a valid clue for SAYS SO. I've known a lot of politicians and car salesmen in my (many) days. They have said a lot of things. I'm sure they believed a lot of things. I'm pretty sure they didn't exactly SYNC.

Thanks to Darryl for the fun Sunday challengs, and to CC for another interesting review. BTW - I have something called "impingement syndrome" in both arms, and am not supposed to do much overhead. No throwing except sidearm or underhand, no freestyle swimming. I can breast stroke, because my overhead arm isn't exerting pressure. (I prefer snorkeling or SCUBA anyway. With my big SCUBA fins, arms aren't used for propulsion.)

Irish Miss said...

Good Morning:

I always feel a tad bewildered when I complete a puzzle and don't grasp the theme's thrust. Therefore, I was happy to read CC's concise explanation of the clue/answer key word which gave me a greater appreciation of the execution. Don't Turn Off The Fan seems to be an outlier compared to the other solid phrases, but having never been in a locker room, I can't dismiss it out of hand. There were the usual Sunday unknowns, but not too many: Paseo, Isogon, SpotLit, Cluedo, Attack, and Titan. W/os were on the scant side, as well: So Be It/So True, Token/Heros, Bounce/Bounds, and Et Alia/Et Alii. I liked the Clecho cluing for Ail and Spy and my favorite C/A was Cast Party?=Coven.

Thanks, Darryl, for a Sunday challenge and thanks, CC, for your excellent review and explanation of the theme. I enjoy seeing all the yummy-looking foods! Nice photo of JD's clan!

Have a great day.

Irish Miss said...

DO @ 9:53 ~ If I counted correctly, there were 30 three letter words which, by Sunday standards, is pretty much the norm. I was aware of them while solving because they were clustered together in several spots, so I thought there would be a higher number of them. When you consider some weekday puzzles often contain a high 20 count, today's 30 isn't too bad. 😉

Irish Miss said...

That should be 5:53 not 9:53. DO would never post that late! 🤣

Whiner said...

With 4 abbreviations, a foreign term and a contraction by 28A, I knew I wasn't going to like this one, and I was right.

KS said...

FIW. The crossing of babu and Uffizi did me in. Didn't know either and took a WAG at a instead of u.
I found this to be somewhat crunchy for a Sunday puzzle. I somewhat got the theme with "visitors must show id", but that was not a big help. A few clues seemed a bit of a stretch and cluedo was pure mean.

Linkster said...

Good Morning, All

I am mourning the loss by my Dolphins. We got whooped! My only solace is much of the country did not see it because only subscribers to Peacock could watch.

I found this puzzle difficult to get a "bite" on. I started in the Northwest but did not have an entry util I the Southwest. I worked my way east and then turned north to FIR.

I was amused by the theme answers. It takes a lot to get a chuckle from me but this one brought a tear to my eye.

Salutations and have a good MLK Day.

Lee said...

Finished the puzzle but needed help. Didn't know BABU, looked it up. Went with ATbACK, Don't know anything about lacrosse. Tried natcH for "yup", but perps disagreed. Lots of other hesitations and corrections. Best start was in the SW which gave the foothold.

Darryl did an excellent job with this puzzle, great redefinition! C. C. gave her usual fine review.

Never give up hope.

Small?

Husker Gary said...

Musings
-VISITORS MUST SHOW ID was my fav
-Voltaire on the HRE
-Many NFL teams will try to SHORE up their weaknesses in the draft
-Today I learned PASEO can be a leisurely walk or the path where the walk is taken
-Super Bowl LVIII will be played next month.
-I have learned PHO, UDON and BAO here
-My wife is very good at non-LINEAR thinking
-Omaha’s second COSTCO is being built 15 minutes from us
-SLOW UP: When groups of traffic do when they see a patrolman ahead
-Some jeans around here have a SEWN ON side pocket to hold PLIERS
-U CONN comes to Omaha in three days to play the Creighton Bluejays
-Happy Birthday, JD!

Jinx in Norfolk said...

H.Gary, I think they should be the Creighton Barrels. I too only knew PASEO as foot path. They are all over Valencia, CA.

Linkster, hate to tell you, but all the sports bars with DirecTV had the game. DirecTV dropped Sunday Ticket for home subscribers but still sold it commercial customers. It's very expensive - their fee is based on number of seats and square footage of the customer areas. But it sells a LOT of beer. (I saw part of the game at Dukes, a small sports bar / restaurant chain in central Florida. Kinda competitors to Hooters.)

CrossEyedDave said...

When CC said "eau de chlorine," I swear I could smell the YMCA Pool...

Hmm,
They say smells evoke the most vivid memories,
I wonder,

Could it be possible to create a crossword, where the themers were all clued by smells?

I wonder,

Also, I did this one before...
So this year, I'm going with, "aged to perfection!

Monkey said...

I went through this CW at a leisurely pace, can’t do better since I’m still recovering from a cold which left me very tired, and enjoyed the PASEO. I did leave a few blanks in the SW. I had YaPPED, ice for EON, AtCHOO. Then in the center I missed the ISOGON and USENET, though on reflection I should have gotten those.

Unlike others, I had no problem with UFFIZI, just did it have two F’s or two Z’s. That got sorted out.. I visited that gallery many years ago when I was in that wonderful city of Florence.

I loved OTIS Redding’s singing.

I had fun with all the theme fills. Didn’t we recently have a theme fill ending in ID?

Thank you Zhouqin for the link to Atlas Obscura puzzle.

Picard said...

I enjoyed the creative sign variation theme. I was stuck awhile thinking lights before FAN. I have seen that DON'T TURN OFF THE FAN sign before. Perhaps in a manufacturing area in one of our tech businesses. Also perhaps in a bathroom.

Hand up did not know most proper names. Learning moment about CLUEDO. FIR.

Here our friend Virginia (next to Merlie) took us to POINT REYES.

Her friend Connie was visiting from Singapore. I had only ever been there once before, by a friend with a car when I was a student at Berkeley. A memorable day that was.

CC I would be honored to go there with you!

From Yesterday:
AnonT Glad you also enjoyed the look on the cat pursuing the DUCKs in our pool. I think the DUCKs would win at that GAME.

Picard said...

PS:
Jinx I also had GETS TO and GPOTLIT. After a moment of utter bafflement, corrected it.

Monkey said...

PS
Picard @12:17. I also had gETS TO.

The background in Your photo at Port REYES resembles a painting instead of a photo.

Lucina said...

Hola!

DON'T TURN OFF THE FAN could be a summer mantra here when the temperature is above 100 degrees.

"My sweet BABU" is sometimes used by Sally in a Charlie Brown cartoon.

I had many things AMISS today: AUTHORIsED until UFFIZI appeared; SAGA; eros not ARES; WRAP not TAPES, ERA before EON, yapped before YIPPED, etc. The ODDEST word for me was ISOGON.

One of my nephews lives in TULSA.

OSCAR or OSKAR?

My parish is St. TERESA.

Today the Rock and Roll marathon race took over the major streets including where my parish is located.

What a great photo of JD's family! Thank you for posting it.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Jayce said...

I enjoyed solving this puzzle, which I believe is well constructed. It turned out that "The America's Cup" referred to the cup itself, not to the RACE.

There is a PASEO de Saratoga shopping center within walking distance of our home. It is currently being heavily remodeled into a multi-use (shopping, affordable housing) center, so is closed for the foreseeable future. Another shopping center near us has lost many tenants because the landlord raised the rates too high for them to stay there. Environmental impact reports, etc, are underway with the objective of building a COSTCO store there, and residents are against it, concerned with traffic problems and the noise of delivery trucks waking them before dawn. (Personally, I don't think we need another Costco because there already is one about 3 miles away, where my wife and her friend are shopping as I write this.)

We have been to Point REYES many times and always loved it. There used to be a Drake's Beach there that we always went to, but I think it is closed now. A favorite sight there that we enjoyed seeing were the Tule Elk.

I served in the USAF during the Bay of Pigs operation and the Cuban Missile Crisis. Wept when we all learned that JFK had been assassinated.

Here's wishing you all a good week.

Happy birthday, JD!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't 95A have its tenses confused? 'Harmonized' is past tense whereas 'sync in' is present tense?

Surely the clue should be 'harmonize' - or the answer should be 'synced' (or synched).

Picard said...

Monkey Thank you for your comments! POINT REYES indeed looks like a painting or a backdrop. We have a similar scene at the bluffs near our home.

Here Merlie posed with two of our neighbors out on the nearby bluffs last month.

Does this also look like a painting or a backdrop?

Picard said...

Jayce Were you at the Bay of Pigs invasion? Can you say more?

Who is JD who is having a birthday today? I am sorry I don't remember this person.

Big Easy said...

It was a DNF today. The unknown Super Trouper's SPOTLIT foiled it. I'd filled GETS TO & YAPPED instead of SETS TO & YIPPED. Didn't get IT PROS either. Otherwise it was a slow going fill with many unknowns filled by perps. I figured out what Darryl was doing and managed to get all the theme fills after I saw FAN and ID in place. FLYNN, CLUEDO, CLEAVE TO, NATE, ATTACK, UFFIZI, NATE- perps for those.

Jinx & Picard- it GETS TO us once in a while. But with YAPPER on the grid LIT would never have made it.

I've never heard of Lagerita, just lagers. BEER was and easy guess. Have had many of those to DRINK.
WEBERS- I'm on my second one. First was natural gas; second used propane.
COSTCO & Sam's- can't beat their roasted chickens for $4.98.
An INTERN is an MD. Most of those those summer interns are just unpaid gofers.

Otis Redding's TRY A Little Tenderness is a 90 year old song. I remember going to his concert when I was in HS. He did two shows that day. One at 7:00pm and a later show at 10 or 11. They didn't have those huge productions back in the 60's. Recorded by none other than BING CROSBY in 1933.

Time for this BURRO to quit boring you nice people.

Malodorous Manatee said...

Picard, Point Reyes was the first place that I camped out overnight. A couple of friends and I drove from Berkeley drove across the Richmond/San Rafael bridge, passed by San Quentin and Olema and headed to the seashore where we parked the car (removed the distributor cap just to be safe), walked out onto the beach and found a place to set up a rudimentary camp. That day changed my life and I spent much of the next ten years camping throughout the Western U.S.

RosE said...

Greetings, I had an interesting experience today. My first time working this puzzle online. I started it online, got about 2/3 through & had to stop to go to a painting party with friends, so I tried to print my work-in-progress out, but only got a blank, then tried the print function on my laptop but it printed only from the middle to the left border. Later, I went back to the online version & saw that all my work was still there!! Amazing! So, I was able to finish. Thanks, Darryl and CC. But I found out my style is all over the place, so I was skipping around from downs to across, North to South, East to West & vice versa!! Much easier to do on paper. But I did like the red letter setting....😊.

waseeley said...

Thank you Darryl for a Sunday challenge. Thought I FIRed, but I FIW due a FTPR -- GPOTLAT? DNK "Super Trouper" but 98A GETS TO and 127A YAPPED made sense. Aside from that this was a fun puzzle with lots of good clues, including my favorite "Cast party" (Hi IM!) and lots of sparkly fill.

And thank you C.C. for your review. Didn't really get the theme until you explained it.

Favs:

6A BABU. Reminded me of Peanuts Sweet Baboo.

65A USENET. Pre-internet. Hand up if you used it? Tony, Jinx ...?

41A LEVEES. Another favorite - a long time ago Don McLean drove his Chevy to the Levee.

FLN

I don't want to talk about it.

Cheers,
Bill

p.s. to Husker - you beat me to the Voltaire comment, but I bet I blog it first. 😀

Jayce said...

Picard, I wasn't at nor did I participate in the Bay of Pigs invasion, but we all were placed on high alert, which meant for us only that we had to stay on base, stay in uniform, and be "on call." I was stationed at Malmstrom Air Force Base in Great Falls, Montana, at the time, working in intelligence, but was not privy to any of intelligence related to it or anything Cuban.

waseeley said...

CED @12:07 PM Only you could come up with a scratch and sniff crossword puzzle. 🤣

Token Creek said...

How about dem Packers!!

Anonymous said...

How about dem Lions!!

Lucina said...

Picard
JD was a poster from the past whom I have met in person along with a few other former posters who live in that northern CA area.

Anonymous T said...

Sunday Lurk just stoppin' in to say...

HBD JD! Thanks for sharing the photo!

Speaking of photos, Picard, I just wrote down my next trip to SFO will include an outing to Point REYES.

waseeley - If you look hard enough, I'm sure you'll find my USENET postings on alt.music.rush :-)

So no one thinks the Texans will advance? ;-)

Cheers, -T

JD said...

Omigosh, my good friend who reads your blog every day told me you posted my family picture. They keep me busy which is why I don’t have time to blog. Gary, you must have an ancient list to remember birthdays. Yes, this is my 80th…still kicking and helping with reading groups at grandson’s school. I DO miss the comraderie on your blog…such a great group. Lucy, I miss your summer visits.

Grumpy Granny said...

Two weeks in a row and another "swiss cheese puzzle". Where do they get all of these silly (dumb?) def. I still refuse to peek for answers ...would rather copy all the fills. Case in point: as a Child of 3 I traversed old Rt 66. Do you realize Old Rt 66 passed through SEVEN cities of five letters?? Also, I counted eleven product ads in the answers or clues. Are the constructors being paid royalties for using product names in their cluing???? C'mon folks. When will puzzles again be general knowledge challenges instead of pop culture trivia and free product advertising misadventures???

Michael said...

Re 73D -- AKA "Depthcharge."

Linkster said...

Jinx, I am aware of the bars that carried the game I just included bars as purchasers of the Peacock feed.

Being a local Dolphins fan but out of the free viewing area we had the decision to pay for the feed or go to a bar. It amounted to $6 for the feed or $60 at a bar. We chose to buy the feed and invite the neighbors, had quite a party.

What bothers me is where this pay for view playoffs concept will go in the future. I can see the NFL charging $50 to see the Super Bowl at home leaving the only option to pay a $10 cover charge at a bar.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, y’gotcher “in” in the wrong place: if you are “in SYNCH”, you also are “in harmony” 😎

====> Darren / L.A

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a bit of a crunchy Sunday, indeed — but the theme is so snazzy and the clueing great, so I’ll endure a little sand in my teeth. 😎 The only gripe I had with this one is that block of insanity in the North; if there’s anything more IRE-inducing in a cw than crossing proper names, it’s crossing foreign words — and there are 4 of them in there!!! BABU-BURRO-BAO-UFFIZI…aww c’mon, Darryl, really?? 🤣 Good thing Ed ASNER ain’t a furrinner!

I also thought that the funniest (and best) theme fill was VISITORSMUSTSHOWID; a gem!

There’s a good reason Lageritas are called Depth Charges — two or three of ‘em will absolutely bomb ya…ask me how I know.

Wouldn’t it be fun if the Packers and the Lions could play against each other in the Super Bowl? What a treat that would be; if only, huh. (btw, even though I’m a born-and-bred CA boy, the Pack is “my” team — the only one in the NFL that’s not owned by some rich fookehr).

Time to PASEO off into the sack; it’s already tomorrow for me!

====> Darren / L.A.