Theme: Triple A - They will give you a TOW.
17A. Saber-rattling: THREAT OF WAR
27A. Shed a few pounds: TAKE OFF WEIGHT
45A. Romantic triangle figure: THE OTHER WOMAN
60A. End up just fine: TURN OUT WELL
69A. Highway breakdown need ... or, initially, feature of 17-, 27-, 45- and 60-Across: TOW
Argyle here with what may be one of Mark's easiest puzzles. It's cool none of the 'O' words are repeated.
1. Position at work: JOB
4. Busy as __: A BEE
8. India neighbor: NEPAL
13. "You __ here": mall map words: ARE
14. Banquet, e.g.: MEAL
15. Top-quality: SELECT
16. With 36-Across, Polo Grounds great: MEL. 36-Across. See 16-Across: OTT. Back when the Giants played in Manhattan.
19. Ravel classic: BOLERO
21. Car dealer's no.: MSRP. (manufacturer's suggested retail price)
22. Bro's sib: SIS
23. Carry on wildly: RANT
25. Regatta propellers: OARS
32. California's San __ Obispo: LUIS
34. Disco __: "The Simpsons" character: STU
35. More up-to-date: NEWER
37. Shed purpose: STORAGE
40. Dismantled Brit. music conglomerate: EMI. An initialism for Electric and Musical Industries, it broke-up in 2012.
41. Truckee River's lake: TAHOE. The Truckee is the outlet of Lake Tahoe and empties into Pyramid Lake. Pyramid Lake has no outlet.
43. Crude __: OIL
44. Small cut: SNIP
49. Continuous change: FLUX
50. "__ le roi!": French Revolution cry: À BAS. "Down with the king!"
51. Relaxing retreat: SPA. Retreat - A place providing peace and quiet.
54. Drop from a list: OMIT
56. Rose garden pests: APHIDS
63. After-tax: NET
64. What a password provides: ACCESS
65. Not working: IDLE
66. Rocks in a bar: ICE
67. Giggly sound: TE-HEE. I prefer tee-hee.
68. Little dog breeds: TOYS
1. Vertical door part: JAMB
2. Two-toned cookie: OREO
3. Inventor associated with telephones: BELL
4. California Zephyr operator: AMTRAK
5. "Tell it like it is": "BE HONEST"
6. Sensory organ: EAR
7. Sch. before junior high: ELEM. (elementary)
8. Wetsuit material: NEOPRENE
9. North Pole assistant: ELF
10. Seats for the flock: PEWS
11. Palm tree berry: ACAI
12. Acronym parts: Abbr.: LTRs. (letters)
15. McDonald's freebie: STRAW
18. Starting on: AS OF
20. Important periods: ERAs
24. Dorothy's dog: TOTO
26. "Sprechen __ Deutsch?": SIE
27. Ten percent donation: TITHE
28. Public commotion: FUROR
29. Edmund who played Kris Kringle: GWENN. Miracle on 34th Street
30. Prefix with sphere: HEMI
31. __ odometer: TRIP
32. Ronnie in the Pro Football Hall of Fame: LOTT. Number 42 with the San Francisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs. Defense.
33. Beehive State: UTAH
37. Let free: SET LOOSE
38. Old Sony brand: AIWA
39. "Think __, act locally": GLOBALLY
42. Cartoon fight sound: [OOF!]
44. Merit badge holder: SASH
46. Garden fertilizer: HUMUS. Don't mix your HUMUS with your hummus.
47. Red sign over a door: EXIT
48. Syrup trees: MAPLEs
51. ASAP, to an MD: STAT
52. Brownish purple: PUCE
53. Foot part: ARCH
55. Silly goose: TWIT
57. Not yet eliminated: IN IT
58. Art __: DECO
59. Hearty bowlful: STEW
61. Word seen between married and maiden names: NÉE
62. Old name for Tokyo: EDO
Happy Birthday to the real Big Easy (George Simpson), who volunteers at the annual Zurich Classic where he has met the other Big Easy a few times. Off the blog, George is a very caring friend to me. I enjoyed working with him on our puzzles.