Theme: Double Your Fun - The clue is the clue. No reveal needed.
17A. Dickens classic, itemized : A TALE OF CITY CITY. "A Tale of Two Cities".
28A. Smugly prudish sort, itemized : GOODY SHOE SHOE. Goody two-shoes.
47A. Country/western dance, itemized : TEXAS STEP STEP. Texas two step.
63A. Chime in, itemized : ADD ONE'S CENT CENT. Add one's two cents.
Argyle here with the return of Tom to our corner. It's been too long(2013). Two (of course) grid spanners and sparkly fill moves us on to hump day. (From C.C.: No wonder we're out of negative territory this morning in MN. Tom is back! )
1. Wading bird in ancient Egyptian art : IBIS
5. __ of March : IDES
9. Dessert "there's always room for" : JELL-O
14. Like pre-stereo sound : MONO. I understand some albums are more valuable if they are monaural.
15. Geek Squad pro : TECH
16. Stayed home for dinner : ATE IN
20. Attempt to get : GO FOR
21. Natural history museum item : RELIC
22. Type of symbol or appeal : SEX
23. Prefix with skeleton : EXO
24. River inlet : RIA
26. Most fit to be drafted : ONE A
34. One who makes your skin crawl : CREEP
35. At rest : STILL
36. Diner handout : MENU
39. "All in the Family" wife : EDITH
42. Beehive, e.g. : UP-DO. (hair do)
43. St. Teresa's home : ÁVILA. Situated 1132 metres (3714 feet) above sea level on a rocky outcrop on the right bank of the Adaja river, a tributary of the Duero, Ávila is the highest provincial capital in Spain. It is built on the flat summit of a rocky hill, which rises abruptly in the midst of a veritable wilderness; a brown, arid, treeless table-land, strewn with immense grey boulders, and shut in by lofty mountains. ~ per Wiki.
45. Force out of bed : ROUST
51. Chocolate-caramel candy brand : ROLO
52. "__ Blinded Me With Science": 1983 hit : SHE
53. Fury : IRE
56. Pro vote : YEA vs. 65D. Anti vote : NAY
59. Word before or after "coming" : FORTH
61. Sherpas' land : NEPAL
66. Yamaha with a bench : PIANO
67. Syllables before di or da, in a Beatles song : OB LA. (Life Goes On)
68. "Les Misérables" novelist : HUGO. (Victor Hugo)
69. Proverbial backbreaker : STRAW
70. "Ghost Hunters" channel : SYFY
71. Candid : OPEN
1. Publicist's concern : IMAGE
2. Wrinkle-removing injection : BOTOX
3. Befuddled : IN A FOG
4. Song sung alone : SOLO
5. "Who am __ judge?" : I TO
6. Offset, as costs : DEFRAYED
7. Caesar's "Behold!" : "ECCE!"
8. 1862 Tennessee battleground : SHILOH
9. Leadership training group, familiarly : JAYCEES
10. List-shortening abbr. : ETC.
11. Hawaiian wreaths : LEIs
12. Lo-cal : LITE
13. Black gemstone : ONYX
18. Fielding mishap : ERROR
19. Ex-Yankee Martinez : TINO
25. Tête product : IDÉE. French head/idea.
27. On the ball : ASTUTE
29. Eye-related : OCULAR
30. Steeple top : SPIRE
31. Joint that may be swiveled : HIP
32. Former : OLD
33. "Xanadu" rock gp. : ELO. Electric Light Orchestra)
36. Pilates class need : MAT
37. Grandmother of Enos : EVE
38. Negative word often spoken in pig Latin : NIX. (ixnay)
40. Of the best quality : TOP SHELF
41. "Quit complaining!" : "HUSH!"
44. So far : AS OF NOW
46. Surgical tube : STENT
48. Wild plum : SLOE
49. Upper bodies : TORSOs
50. Make oneself heard : PIPE UP. Add your two cents.
54. Mountain chain : RANGE
55. John with nine #1 hits in the U.S. : ELTON. (Elton John)
56. Jabbers : YAPS
57. Improve text : EDIT
58. Jewish month before Nisan : ADAR
60. Beriyo smoothie maker : TCBY
62. Repeat : ECHO
64. Put __ show : ON A