Theme: Party! - That is if you aren't partied out from last night.
17A. 2006 best-selling Elizabeth Gilbert spiritual memoir: "EAT, PRAY, LOVE"
24A. Place to go blond: BEAUTY PARLOR
39A. Breakfast-in-bed surface: LAP TRAY
51A. Carnivorous plant: VENUS FLYTRAP
61A. Political organization founded in 1995 by 35-Down ... and a literal hint to each set of circled letters: REFORM PARTY
And 35D. '90s presidential candidate: ROSS PEROT
Argyle here and RABBIT, RABBIT for a new year. Ross Trudeau makes his debut with us but he has been published in NYT. Okay, I'll be quiet now.
1. Edible epitomes of redness: BEETS
6. Insurance giant with a spokesduck: AFLAC
11. "No chance!": HAH!
14. Heap praise upon: EXTOL
15. Fortune-telling prefix with "sayer": SOOTH
16. "Dude!": BRO!
19. Texter's "Egads!": OMG!
20. Self-satisfied: SMUG
21. Salon goop: GEL
22. Frozen waffles: EGGOs
28. Capital of Zimbabwe: HARARE
30. Celestial bear: URSA
31. Honda luxury brand: ACURA
32. iPhone assistant: SIRI
34. Dull-colored: DRAB
38. Teen blemish: ZIT
42. Lowest Scrabble tile value: ONE
43. Biblical garden: EDEN
45. One signing the checks: BOSS
46. Ejects: OUSTS
48. Western gas chain: ARCO
50. End-of-day photo op: SUNSET
55. Like environments where you can walk on air?: ZERO G. Cute.
56. Deserved: DUE
57. Unwanted lawn plant: WEED
60. Means justifier: END
65. Key & Peele, e.g.: DUO
66. Modify to fit: ADAPT
67. Remote-controlled flying camera, say: DRONE
68. "Gimme a __": SEC
69. Brass band heavyweights: TUBAs
70. Crumbly cheeses: FETAs
1. Hive denizens: BEES
2. Oral or final: EXAM
3. Caesar's last question: "ET TU, BRUTE?"
4. Fifth, often, for a manual transmission: TOP GEAR
5. Nikon product, briefly: SLR. (single-lens reflex camera)
6. To this point: AS YET
7. Seward's __: Alaska purchase: FOLLY
8. British john: LOO
9. Off-road transp.: ATV
10. Sitcom title bar: CHEERS
11. Streaming option for "Game of Thrones": HBO GO. Site. New to me.
12. Knight wear: ARMOR
13. Ones who don't share: HOGS
18. Fever and chills: AGUE. Best wishes, C.C.
23. Kitchen bag brand: GLAD
25. Decimated Asian sea: ARAL
26. Runs smoothly, as an engine: PURRS
27. Diva's highlight: ARIA
28. Visibility inhibitor: HAZE
29. Alkali neutralizer: ACID
32. "Spaceballs" or "Scary Movie": SPOOF
33. "__ your turn": IT'S. As in, "Throw in a chip; it's your turn to ante!"
36. First chip, maybe: ANTE
37. Oscar adjective: BEST
40. Kindergarten basics: ABC'S
41. Part of MYOB: YOUR. (Mind Your Own Business)
44. iPod model: NANO
47. In the dark: UNAWARE
49. Nickelodeon toon tot: RUGRAT
50. Champagne flute feature: STEM. Apt.
51. Trial locale: VENUE
52. Triage MD: ER DOC
53. Parkinson's drug: L-DOPA
54. Mongolian tents: YURTS
55. Pizza pieces in London?: ZEDS
58. Sicilian volcano: ETNA
59. Hair-coloring agents: DYES
62. Harvard URL ending: .EDU
63. Terrif: FAB. slang, terrific / fabulous. Have a great year!
64. Adobe file format: PDF. (Portable Document Format)