Theme: BRAVE NEW WORLD - The ends of theme answers sequentially spell out the title of the novel written by ALDOUS HUXLEY (53A: Author of the novel indicated by the ends of 20-, 32-and 39-Across).
20A: Baseballer with a tomahawk on his jersey: ATLANTA BRAVE
32A: "Like I haven't heard that before": "WHAT ELSE IS NEW?"
39A: 4x platinum hit single co-written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie: "WE ARE THE WORLD"
Argyle here but I'd rather be abed. Cruciverb had no new puzzle and I finally went back to my old (and slower) method of retrieving clues and answers. So unless C.C. fills it out, it will be thin commentary today.
Feel free to add what you want to the blog. That is where some of the best info comes from anyway!
1) Put__: sail: TO SEA
6) Lyricist Sammy: CAHN
10) Word of woe: "ALAS!". We haven't had "Alack" lately.
14) "Lost" network: ABC-TV
15) "Milk's favorite cookie": OREO
16) Stoicism founder: ZENO. The stoic Zeno of Citium. Don't confuse him with the other Greek philosopher Zeno of Elea.
17) Upright or grand: PIANO
18) Office divider: PARTITION
22) Opposite of NNW: SSE
23) Myrna of "The Thin Man": LOY. Quite a few people today and echos of recent puzzles, too.
24) Sharpshooter Annie: OAKLEY
28) Corp. boss: CEO
29) Sawyer's buddy: FINN
31) Ore-__, maker of frozen potatoes: IDA. Ore-Ida, portmanteau of Oregon & Idaho.
35) Eyelid woe: STYE
37) Covert govt. group: CIA
38) Nights, to poets: EENS
44) PC key: ALT
45) Actress Natalie: WOOD
46) IM company: AOL
47) Diving seabird: PETREL
49) 24-hr. cash source: ATM
50) Watch chain: FOB
57) Actor's asset: GOOD LOOKS
60) Smallest: LEAST
61) Exile isle: ELBA. For Napoleon.
62) Run away: FLEE
63) Bring together: UNITE
65) Abstain from food: FAST
66) Painful spots: SORES
1) Spanish snacks: TAPAs. Interesting.
2) "In memoriam" news items: OBITS
3) Weighing device: SCALE
4) Sicilian erupter: ETNA
5) "Anne of Green Gables" setting: AVONLEA
6) Insured patient's outlay: CO-PAY
7) Many an Iraqi: ARAB
8) German "Mister": HERR
9) Zero: NOT A ONE
10) Pontiac SUV named for an early Mexican: AZTEK
11) Hawaiian garland: LEI. And UKES (55D: Hawaiian strings). For our Hawaiian gang.
12) It starts with enero: ANO. enero is Spanish for "January".
13) Trinity member: SON
19) Russian prince known as "Moneybag": IVAN I
21) Horn beep: TOOT
25) Ruled, as a writing pad: LINED
26) Genesis garden: EDEN
27) Deviates from a course: YAWS
28) Sonny's partner: CHER. Sonny & Cher.
29) Popped (out), as to the outfield: FLIED
30) "__ Mommy kissing ...": I SAW. Tryst?
32) Lawman Earp: WYATT
33) Bounce back: ECHO
34) Auction off: SELL
35) Exchange: SWAP
36) Prefix with conference: TELE
40) "The Seven Year Itch" actor Tom: EWELL. Famous scene
41) Rebuked: TOLD OFF
42) Promise in court: OATH
43) Remus' twin: ROMULUS. Founder of Rome.
48) Speeder's downfall: RADAR
49) Useful quality: ASSET
50) Knack: FLAIR
51) West, to a Spaniard: OESTE
52) Computer memory units: BYTES
54) "Return of the Jedi" dancer: OOLA
56) Strange: Pref.: XENO. Or "Foreign prefx.:". As in Xenophobia.
57) Jewelry stone: GEM
58) Corrida cheer: "OLE!"
59) "Madama Butterfly" sash: OBI