17. *Performer's exit direction : STAGE RIGHT. Stagehand. Right hand.
24. *Immediately : FIRST OFF. First hand. Offhand.
30. *High stadium tier : UPPER DECK. Upper hand. Deckhand.
43. *Sports bet based on total points scored : OVER UNDER. Overhand. Underhand.
50. *Like most TV dramas : HOUR LONG. Hour hand. Longhand.
60. In advance, and where you might find both parts of the answers to starred clues : BEFORE HAND
Impressive. That had to have been hard to do. The first AND second words of each theme answer can precede HAND. We've seen Roger Wienberg before, but this appears to the the first collaboration by Roger & Kathy at the Corner.
Melissa here. Although nothing was particularly tough, I made a few W(rong)WAGs that slowed me down.
1. Past due : LATE
5. Place for a safe : WALL
13. "Don't rub __" : IT IN
14. Geometry calculations : AREAS
16. Cool one's heels : WAIT
19. Award for "Game of Thrones" : EMMY. Honoring excellence in television.
20. Dangerous Amazon fish : PIRANHA. I need to remember N before H with this word.
21. "Scotch" sealers : TAPES. I don't usually think of that kind of tape as plural.
23. See 47-Down : CARTE
27. Handed out cards : DEALT
29. Oakland Coliseum player : RAIDER
34. Start of a choosing rhyme : EENY
35. Step on it, quaintly : HIE
36. Form 1099 ID : SSN
37. President pro __ : TEM. "For the present time."
40. Stretchy bandage brand : ACE
41. Damage : HARM
46. Vote out of office : UNSEAT
49. Totally thrill : ELATE
52. Speaks, biblically : SAITH. Couldn't make SAYETH fit.
55. Texas shrine : ALAMO
56. Almond or cashew : NUT TREE. Not BUTTER or LEGUME.
58. Luke Skywalker, for one : JEDI
62. "Absolutely!" : AMEN
63. Schussing spot : SLOPE
64. Novelist Ferber : EDNA
65. Starts to blossom : BUDS
66. Watches : SEES. Not SPYS.
67. Paper quantity : REAM
1. Speak like Sylvester : LISP
2. Storage space accessed via the ceiling : ATTIC
3. Pageant accessory : TIARA
4. "Prepare to duel!" : ENGARDE
5. "Sour to the People" extreme candy brand : WARHEADS
6. "Carmen" highlight : ARIA
7. A joker might pull yours : LEG
8. Christine of "The Blacklist" : LAHTI
9. Honey : SWEETIE
10. "My parents are gonna kill me!" : I AM SO DEAD
11. Glass edge : RIM
12. Mess of a room : STY
15. Drummer Ringo : STARR
18. Joins : ENTERS
22. Free TV spot : PSA. Public Service Announcement.
24. Fraud watchdog org. : FTC. Federal Trade Commission.
25. Stolen jewelry seller : FENCE. Didn't know this term - someone who knowingly buys stolen property in order to resell it.
26. Onion ring maker : FRYER
28. Jay with jokes : LENO
30. "Yup" : UH-HUH
31. Steinway, for one : PIANO. This was so obvious it tripped me up.
32. Convinced : PERSUADED
33. "Hooked on Classics" co. : K-TEL
38. Crossword solver's smudges : ERASURES
39. Change genetically : MUTATE
42. Small falcons : MERLINS. Learning moment.
44. Really relax, with "out" : VEG
45. Reply to bad alternatives : NEITHER
47. With 23-Across, priced separately, on menus : ALA
48. Crypts, e.g. : TOMBS
51. December songs : NOELS
53. Swap : TRADE
54. Reddish-orange dye : HENNA
56. "Don't think so" : NOPE
57. Red-coated cheese : EDAM
58. Fast punch : JAB
59. Australian bird : EMU
61. Nemesis : FOE
Notes from C.C.:
Happy 59th Birthday to JJM, who loves hockey and other thrilling activities. Here is a picture of his zip lining in 2010.