17A. New perspective: FRESH PAIR OF EYES
25A. "Doesn't bother me a bit": "NO SKIN OFF MY NOSE"
43A. Listen very carefully: PRICK UP YOUR EARS. Not easy for us to do but open a snack around a dog and you will see ears pricking up.
57A. How the poor live: FROM HAND TO MOUTH
Argyle here. It's all or nothing day. We go from fifteen letter entries down to six letter entries. The majority are five(26) and four(32) and only lacking a Q from being a pangram. Makes an interesting start for the week.
1A. Steve of Apple: JOBS and 1D. Bezos of Amazon: JEFF. Steve Jobs is the co-founder of Apple. Jeff Bezos is the founder of Amazon.
5. Snug, as jeans : TIGHT
10. Agile : DEFT
14. Old-fashioned exclamation : "EGAD!"
15. One-way street sign symbol : ARROW
16. Draft classification : ONE A
20. Turkish topper : FEZ. Cheese fez. Congratulations, Green Bay.
21. U.S., French and Australian tournaments : OPENS. Wimbledon isn't usually called an Open but a Championship instead.
22. Hurdles for future attys. : LSATS
23. Emissions watchdog org. : EPA
24. "Dites-__": "South Pacific" song : MOI. Song.(1:31)
34. Deathly white : ASHEN
35. Did electrical work : WIRED
36. Roman peace : PAX. Pax is the Roman goddess of peace. Irene is the Greek Goddess of Peace
37. Inst. of learning : ACAD.. Academy.
38. "__ the loneliest number": '60s song lyric : ONE IS. Song(3:07) by Three Dog Night.
39. First name in jeans : LEVI
40. Word after box or cable : CAR
41. Burst of growth : SPURT
42. '90s candidate Ross : PEROT
46. Section of L.A.? : LOS
47. Commercial suffix with Water : PIK. For dental care.
48. __ Dei: lamb of God : AGNUS
51. Prophets : SEERS
54. Barfly : SOT
60. Rivers, to Rosita : RIOs. Spanish.
61. __ cum laude : MAGNA. With great praise; an honor added to a diploma or degree for work considered greatly above average.
62. Hummus holder : PITA, Anybody have this at their Super Bowl party?
63. Grand Ole __ : OPRY
64. Thrown weapon : SPEAR
65. Put in the overhead bin : STOW
2. Grimm baddie : OGRE
3. Folksinger Joan : BAEZ
4. '60s militant gp. : SDS. Students for a Democratic Society (SDS).
5. New York's __ Zee Bridge : TAPPAN. Over the Hudson, north of the city. Image.
6. "Dies __": hymn : IRAE. (Day of Wrath).
7. Boyish smile : GRIN. So what's a girlish smile?
8. __ d'oeuvre : HORS. M,m,m,m More snacks.
9. Seesaw complement : TWO
10. Knocks off : DOES IN
11. "Only Time" New Age singer : ENYA. Clip.(3:31)
12. Pedal pushers : FEET. Alliterated misdirection.
13. Soviet news source : TASS
18. "Come on, let's go for a ride!" : "HOP IN!"
19. Bank robber "Pretty Boy" __ : FLOYD
23. Barely made, with "out" : EKED
24. Lyon ladies: Abbr. : MMEs. French.
25. Civil rights org. : NAACP. National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
26. Acting award : OSCAR
27. Lamb Chop creator Lewis : SHARI. Lamb Chop was a glorified sock puppet.
28. Admit it : OWN UP
29. Flaming : FIERY
30. Corn chip : FRITO. Are we out of dip?
31. Verdi work : OPERA
32. Really enjoy, as food : SAVOR
33. Some turnpike ramps : EXITS
38. Magnum __: great work : OPUS
39. Onion relative : LEEK. Probably could make dip with it.
41. Smidgen : SKOSH. I wonder if this is a regional word.
42. Bender of rays : PRISM
44. Bumbling : CLUMSY
45. Hubbub : UPROAR
48. Jackson 5 hairdo : AFRO
49. Golf club part : GRIP. "Grip it and rip it!"
50. American-born Jordanian queen : NOOR. Image.
51. Piece of cake : SNAP
52. Outskirts : EDGE
53. Sicilian smoker : ETNA. Volcano.
54. One of a deck's foursome : SUIT. Deck of cards.
55. Maestro Klemperer : OTTO. German conductor and composer widely regarded as one of the leading conductors of the 20th century.
56. Melting period : THAW
58. Early hrs. : AMs
59. Covert __: spy missions : OPs. Operations.
Note from C.C.:
Here are a few great photos Sallie took last Friday when she and her husband Gerry met with fellow Naples resident Grumpy & wife Wilda and the visiting Spitzboov & wife Betty.