Theme: A Twofer - Two answers for one reveal.
17A. *Handyman's forte: REPAIR WORK. Home repair, homework.
22A. *Sports industry mogul: TEAM OWNER. Home team, home owner.
37A. *Frolic unrestrained: RUN FREE. Home run, home free.
50A. *Where the biggest headlines are: FRONT PAGE. Home front, home page.
60A. Game one for season ticket holders ... or, literally, what each word in the answers to starred clues can have: HOME OPENER
Argyle here. Simple yet elegant Monday. A simple solve with no need for the reveal but so much more with the reveal.
1. Beach sidler: CRAB. I started out slow because I couldn't picture a sidler.
5. Heroic exploit: GEST
9. Donald Duck, to his nephews: "UNCA"
13. Prefix for an intoxicating weed: LOCO
14. "Republic" philosopher: PLATO. Start with the Classic and follow-up with ....
15. Modernists, informally: NEOs
16. Part of NYSE: Abbr.: EXCH. (New York Stock Exchange)
19. Rich person's suffix: AIRE. Millionaire, for starters.
20. __ about: circa: ON OR
21. Sty calls: OINKS. Helps to be a farm boy today.
24. Kitchen invader: ANT
25. Youthful bar patrons are usually asked for them: IDs "Let's see some identification"
26. Cows' milk glands: UDDERS. It is what IDs them as cows.
29. Whence chocolate: CACAO. Not brown cows?!
32. Has lunch, say: EATS
35. Organ knob: STOP. No snickering, please.
36. Gray hue: ASH
40. Mandela's land: Abbr.: RSA. (Republic of South Africa)
41. Old Italian coin: LIRA
43. Jazz singer James: ETTA
44. Arthritis detectors: X-RAYS
46. For the most part: MAINLY
48. Soul automaker: KIA. Straight forward clue today.
49. Phys. or entom.: SCI. Physics or Entomology, Sciences.
56. "__ we meet again": UNTIL
58. Gambling city near Tahoe: RENO
59. Trampled (on): TROD
62. Responsibility: ONUS
63. Algerian seaport: ORAN. Lots of info here.
64. Bleak, in verse: DREAR
65. Take the bus: RIDE
66. "... why __ thou forsaken me?": Matthew: HAST
67. Experience, as emotions: FEEL
68. Ball-balancing circus animal: SEAL
1. Soccer shoe's turf grabber: CLEAT
2. 51-Down's "Chicago" role: ROXIE. 51-Down. "Chicago" co-star Zellweger: RENEE
3. Capital of Ghana: ACCRA
4. Czech Republic region: BOHEMIA. Regions of the Czech Republic
5. Mercury Seven astronaut John: GLENN
6. How "The Raven" poet signed some of his letters: EAPOE. Edgar Allan Poe knew DREAR.
7. Drummer Ringo: STARR
8. You, in French: TOI
9. Kicks back: UNWINDS
10. Colorful aquarium fish: NEON TETRA
11. Wine stopper: CORK
12. Questions: ASKS
14. Ship fronts: PROWS but 33-Down. Back at sea?: AFT
18. "__ trip!": "Let's travel!": ROAD
23. Smell: ODOR
26. Take advantage of: USE
27. Optimistic: ROSY
28. Restful resorts: SPAs
29. Not windy: CALM
30. Tibet's continent: ASIA
31. "Holiday Inn" holiday: CHRISTMAS. White Christmas (1954) was an extremely loose remake of Holiday Inn (1942).
32. Tolkien tree creature: ENT
34. __-la-la: TRA
38. Driver's one-eighty: U-EY
39. Leave the stage: EXIT. "Stage left even."
42. Really old: ANCIENT
45. Hawks and eagles: RAPTORS
47. Stitch's movie pal: LILO
48. Big name in packaged soup: KNORR
50. French brother: FRÈRE
52. Shaq of the NBA: O'NEAL
53. Golf great with an "army": ARNIE. Palmer.
54. Mild Dutch cheese: GOUDA
55. Ford flop: EDSEL
56. "Here comes trouble!": "UH-OH!"
57. Romance novelist Roberts: NORA
61. Adobe file format: PDF. (Portable Document Format)