Theme: Get IT?
17. *Mother of Donald Jr. and Eric: IVANA TRUMP.
26. *Laurence Fishburne's "What's Love Got to Do With It" role: IKE TURNER.
35. *With 41-Across, two-time NBA All-Star named for an NBA Hall of Famer: ISAIAH.
41. *See 35-Across: THOMAS.
51. *Swimmer with five Olympic gold medals: IAN THORPE.
60. *Early 20th-century muckraker: IDA TARBELL. Awesome.
48D. Expert computer operations group ... to which the answers to starred clues belong?: IT TEAM.
Melissa here. I come, like all the regulars, with a heavy heart today, but I know Santa would want the show to go on. I'm guessing that C.C. consulted with him on this puzzle, which feels a bit comforting. Do you feel him? I do.
1. Low-pH compound: ACID.
5. Creighton University city: OMAHA.
10. Silly: DAFT.
14. Running behind: LATE.
15. Spanish bar food: TAPAS.
16. Falls back: EBBS.
19. Pacific Rim continent: ASIA.
20. Disney collectible: CEL.
21. __ anglais: English horn: COR. -->
22. "Casablanca" actor Peter: LORRE.
24. Dublin residents: IRISH.
30. Dried chili in Mexican cuisine: ANCHO.
31. Tiny tunneler: ANT. Dig the alliteration.
32. Colorful tropical fish: TETRA.
33. Cause of red cheeks: ROUGE. Or joy.
36. Biol. or geol.: SCI.
38. Spa treatments: PEELS.
40. Courthouse figs.: DAS. District Attorneys.
43. Woody thicket: COPSE.
45. Extends a tour: REUPS.
46. Sunbather's goal: TAN.
47. Place for a Fitbit: WRIST. My daughter and I just got each other one for an early Mother's day gift. Nifty little devices.
53. Perfume compound: ESTER.
54. Take a pass: SAY NO.
55. Buccaneer's domain: SEA.
57. __ chi: martial art: TAI.
58. "The Boss Baby" voice actor Baldwin: ALEC.
63. Sport with periods called chukkers: POLO.
64. Intoxicating shrubs: COCAS.
65. Fidel's successor: RAUL.
66. Throw out: TOSS.
67. Contest submission: ENTRY.
68. Band boosters: AMPS. Nice clue.
1. Keys on a keyboard: ALICIA.
2. Luray attraction: CAVERN. Cool video on this page. Anyone been?
3. Slanted, in a way: ITALIC. Ohhh.
4. La-Z-Boy room: DEN.
5. Aptly named "Airplane!" autopilot: OTTO.
6. Two-party system?: MARRIAGE. Haha.
7. "The Simpsons" storekeeper: APU.
8. Village: HAMLET.
9. __ of tea: A SPOT.
10. Start of a message to magazine subscribers: DEAR READERS.
11. What some vote in: ABSENTIA.
12. Christopher A. Wray's agcy.: FBI.
13. Bag-checking org.: TSA.
18. "Gesundheit!" evoker: ACHOO.
23. Well-worn tracks: RUTS. See here.
25. Tex-Mex seafood dish: SHRIMP TACOS.
27. Patella: KNEECAP.
28. Periods of history: ERAS.
29. Root word?: RAH.
34. FedEx alternative: UPS.
35. Many a cable co.: ISP.
36. __ butter: cosmetic moisturizer: SHEA.
37. Gives legal advice: COUNSELS.
39. Symbol of the second-largest state: LONE STAR.
41. Prefix with angle or cycle: TRI.
42. Pallid: ASHY.
44. Use foul language: SWEAR.
46. Walked all over: TROD ON.
49. Make airtight: SEAL UP.
50. Quavering musical sounds: TRILLS.
52. In reserve: ON ICE.
56. "Child's play!": EASY.
58. On point: APT.
59. Bath bathroom: LOO.
61. Pretend to be: ACT.
62. Push-up top: BRA.