google.com, pub-2774194725043577, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 L.A.Times Crossword Corner: Monday May 1, 2023 Robin Stears

Advertisements

May 1, 2023

Monday May 1, 2023 Robin Stears

 


Happy May Day Cornerites!

sumdaze here with today's puzzle:        Daily Fiber Intake  

What? Not that type of fiber? Erm...how about these?

17. Street art involving knitted wool: YARN BOMBING.
New to me. Here is the definition:  the action or activity of covering objects or structures in public places with decorative knitted or crocheted material, as a form of street art.
Here are 3 examples of YARN BOMBING.

28. Internet troll who takes over a discussion: THREAD JACKER.
I had THREAD hACKER until the O'JAYs fixed things. I have not heard of this term but it makes sense if you think of a carJACKER as someone who 'takes over' someone else's car.

44. Concept in particle physics: STRING THEORY. Proposed in 1968 by Italian theoretical physicist Gabriele VenezianoSTRING THEORY provides a theoretical framework in which all particles, from photons to quarks, are one-dimensional strings as opposed to zero-dimensional points.    MasterClass explanation
xkcd comic
58. Access points for some treehouses: ROPE LADDERS.  

YARNTHREADSTRINGROPE. The first word in each of 4 long entries is in the 'twine family'. Today's solve lacked starred clues, reveals, and circles. It was a clean, Monday-level puzzle with a congruity that could help out, should one need a hint. Thanks, Robin Stears !

Across:
1. Mother's nickname: MAMA.

5. Wound: INJURE.

11. Leopard or lynx: CAT.  
a leopard and a Canadian lynx

14. Actor Alda: ALAN.  
Hawkeye (ALAN Alda) needs help with a crossword puzzle. M*A*S*H  (31 secs.)

15. Oklahoma athlete: SOONER.  Oklahomans earned this nickname when the
 Oklahoma Territory was opened for settlement through land claims races in 1889. Each race began with a pistol shot. Those who jumped the gun were called SOONERs.

16. The Grand __ Opry: OLE.  The last time this word was in a puzzle I blogged, I went to their website so I could report on who was performing that day. I've been getting pop-up ads from them ever since....

19. Can. lawmakers: MPS.  Members of Parliament  (Hi CanadianEh!)

20. "ru 4 real!?": OMG. Both could be a texting reply to outlandish news.

21. Famous __ cookies: AMOS.  Hawaiians have unofficially adopted Wally AMOS. He was stationed at Hickam AFB on Oahu from 1954-1957. Years later, and after selling his Famous AMOS company, he started The Cookie Kahuna shops in HI.

22. Remainder: REST.  Nice angle! No time for a nap now as I still have to respond to the remainder of the clues.

23. Bird that may wake up the farm every morning: ROOSTER.  Mine crowed throughout the day.

25. Minnesota neighbor: IOWA.  Their border is along 
43º 30′ N.

"...Iowa voters preferred a state whose greatest length would be between the Mississippi River on the east and the Missouri and Big Sioux Rivers on the west. Once Congress accepted these rivers as boundaries, it limited Iowa’s northern extent. Congress decided on 43º 30′ because it was near the divide between the watersheds of the southward-flowing Des Moines and Iowa Rivers and the northward-flowing Blue Earth River." source

33. At the right moment: ON CUE.
In the movie Funny Farm (1988), Chevy Chase and Madolyn Smith are out of their element when they buy a farm in Vermont. In this scene, they are now jaded and are trying to sell it to another optimistic couple. (1:06 min.)
I hear these words in my head whenever I see something stereotypically idyllic.
"CUE the deer."

36. Insufficiently: MEAGERLY.

37. Close by: NEAR.  

38. Fresh as a __: DAISY.  and 
38 Down. Kennel barkers: DOGS.
My neighbor has a Jack Russell Terrier named DAISY. For some reason, DAISY has decided she does not like my DOG. OTOH, my DOG is neutral about DAISY.

40. Smart-mouthed: WISE.  and 
51 Down. Smart-mouthed: SASSY.

41. Dangling pieces of jewelry: EAR DROPS. I have not heard earrings called this before.

43. Brewery shipments: CASES.  
47. Young woman: LASS.

48. Cleans one's teeth, in a way: FLOSSES.  Only FLOSS the ones you want to keep!

52. Pottery wheel material: CLAY.

55. Panorama: VIEW
How birds see the world (Larson)
56. 401(k) kin: IRA.  Both are ways to save for retirement.

57. Chest bone: RIB.  
62. "It's __ good": ALL.  
Bob Dylan's It's All Good (2009)

63. Pancake mixture: BATTER. Up!

64. Self-images: EGOS.

65. "Toodles!": BYE.

66. Like a lawn: GRASSY.  
67. Extremely: VERY.

Down:
1. Big city bigwig: MAYOR.  Not just "big cities" but small cities and fast food restaurants can have MAYORs, too!
2. San Antonio landmark: ALAMO. I have visited there but did not get to see the basement. #Pee-wee's Big Adventure

3. Emmy-winning actress Martindale: MARGO.  
I did not recognize her name; but, after seeing her photo, I realize I have seen her in many dramas.
This is a photo from The Americans. DH liked her in Justified.

4. __ Arbor, Michigan: ANN.

5. Chemically related compound: ISOMER.  Def:  one of two or more compounds that have the same chemical formula but different arrangements of the atoms within the molecules, which may result in different physical/chemical properties.

6. "That'll do": NO MORE.  It's what parents say to kids who are acting silly.

7. ZipRecruiter listings: JOBS.  website

8. Bi- minus one: UNI.  Think "number of wheels on a cycle".
UNIcycle stunts (3 min.)

9. Darth Vader's grandson Kylo __: REN.  Darth Vader is Princess Leia's bio-dad and Ben Solo, aka Kylo REN, is Leia's son. Here is a family tree:
P.S.  The actor who plays Kylo REN is Adam Driver, a former US Marine.

10. Rowing machine, familiarly: ERG. I need to memorize this one -- along with Opi nail polish, Eli Yale student, and British singer Rita Ora.

11. Beckoning word: COME.  The Japanese hand gesture to beckon someone to COME closer is with the palm facing down. This is why Manaki-neko (Beckoning Cat) has his paw facing downward.  
12. Swiss ski destination: ALPS.

13. Exam: TEST.

18. Wash: BATHE.

22. IndyCar venues: RACEWAYS.

24. In a way that's meant to last: STURDILY.

25. "Beware the __ of March": IDES.

26. Member of the "Love Train" soul group: O'JAY.
Love Train was released in 1972.
It reached #1 on both the R&B Singles and Billboard Top 100 charts.
This video is of their 2006 performance on Letterman.
They still got it!

27. Tail movement: WAG.  
29. Horse-and-buggy sect: AMISH.

30. Singer Kristofferson: KRIS.  He starred with Barbara Streisand in the 1976 remake of A Star is Born. This is the steamy album cover for the movie's soundtrack.
31. "If all __ fails ... ": ELSE.  
32. Some deli loaves: RYES.

33. Tip jar bills: ONES.  Tipping - World Map

34. Nicely organized: NEAT.  like today's puzzle

35. "Virgin River" novelist Robyn: CARR.  There seem to be several books in this series.
39. Some rentals, for short: APTS.  APartmenTS

42. Genetic material whose first letter stands for "ribo": RNA.

43. Stadium throng: CROWD.

45. Submits tax returns online: E-FILES.

46. Name associated with the Great Chicago Fire: O'LEARY.  They said it was her cow that kicked over a lantern.  
O'LEARY's Cow by Johnny Horton
49. Prolonged battle: SIEGE.

50. Shortstop's blunder: ERROR.

52. Grumpy sort: CRAB.

53. __ of the valley: LILY.  
As it turns out, this is the birth month flower for May.
54. Skilled: ABLE.

55. Pet docs: VETS.  Has anyone seen Dr. Oakley, Yukon Vet? She is VERY skilled/ABLE.
58. Supreme Court justice known as "Notorious," initially: RBG.  Ruth Bader Ginsberg (3/15/1933 - 9/18/2020)

59. Boat blade: OAR.

60. School support gp.: PTA.  "Group" is abbreviated, so is "Parent-Teacher Association".

61. Actor Patel: DEV.  DEV is a 33 year-old British actor. His breakout role was in 2008 as the lead in Slumdog Millionaire.
Here's the grid:
Time to cut the cord! Have a great week, everyone!

39 comments:

OwenKL said...

Rabbit 🐇, rabbit 🐰.

A Texas tourist was Miss MARGO.
She went to see the ALAMO.
When she entered
She remembered
A Stooge-cake recipe, a la Moe!

MAMA moved to IOWA.
There she met and married Pa.
Times were crappy
But they were happy,
And they joined the new bourgeois!

{A, B.}

Subgenius said...

Sorry, but this didn’t seem like a Monday-level puzzle to me! More like a Wednesday or even a Thursday puzzle. With such fills as “yarn bombing” and “thread jacking “ and having “ear drops “ instead of “earrings “ (which is what I originally put) there is no way this is a “typical “ Monday puzzle. That said, I managed to FIR anyway, so I’m happy.

desper-otto said...

Good morning!

Here's a third hand up for no familiarity with "yarn bombing," "thread jacking," or "ear drops." We must lead sheltered lives. Noticed the CSO's to Picard (UNI) and Waseeley (CLAY). Finished this one in good Wednesday time. Thanx, Robin and Sumdaze.

Jinx in Norfolk said...

FIR without erasure, having gotten my wag @ YARD BOMBING x REN.

Last dentist visit, the doc told me that I must get DW to floss. I told her that because of her decline, I work hard just to get her to brush every day. She didn't give an inch, insisting that I try harder.

Kris Kristofferson is just your average, every-day country music Rhodes Scholar. He wrote "Me and Bobby McGee", "For the Good Times", "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down", and "Help Me Make It Through the Night", which became big hits for other artists.

PTA, not to be confused with PETA, which is an organization headquartered down the street from me. Or PITA, which is how some Cornerites refer to me.

FLN - Grumpy Granny, if I'm elated that Carolina eliminated the heir-apparent Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins in the first round, does that make me a bad person? So much for home ice advantage!

Thanks to Sumdaze for the fun and interesting review.

Irish Miss said...

Good Morning:

SG @ 4:03 ~ Thumper and I agree with everything you said, except the last three words.

sumdaze, loved your write-up and the fun visuals, especially the wagging dog and Snoopy cutting a rug with Charlie Brown! Big CSO to our Darling Lily, HG’s precious and precocious kitty!

And yesterday’s Aunt Avis’s finale:

Nephew ~ Hi, Aunt Ag! I’m going to bring the car back in a bit. Do you need anything while I’m out? (2:45 pm)

Me ~ No, thanks, I’m all set. (2:45 pm)

Nephew ~Awesome. Coming in about 10 mins. (6:15 pm)

Learning moment: “In a bit” = 3 1/2 hours. Awesome!

Have a great day.

inanehiker said...

Enjoyed this fast Monday- I got most of the horizontals - so came here to discover the verticals.

Learning moment was YARN BOMBING - though I've seen it I didn't know the word for it. When we visited our son when he was stationed in Augusta, GA, the entire downtown was YARN BOMBed and made for a pretty, whimsical area. One of our local parks had it for part of the Art in the Park along with chalk drawnings on the sidewalks and other installations throughout.

The music of the O'JAYS especially "Love Train" was on the soundtrack of my junior high years

Thanks SD and Robin for the fun start to the week!

Anonymous said...

Took 6:04 for me to tie this one together.

In the interest of brevity, I simply echo our good friend SubG's comments (cited with approval by Ms. Irish Miss). I will add that I didn't know today's actress or novelist.

RosE said...

Good Morning! Thank, Robin, for starting off the week with some deceptively tricky areas hidden among the typical Monday romp.
I, too, never heard of YARNBOMBING but it looks very festive!! The “…..ING” was a WAG.
One WO: hACKER -> JACKER
ESP: REN, ERG, CARR and DEV
Thanks, sumdaze, for another fun recap. Loved the YARNBOMBING pic (worth a 1,000 words!!), and the MASH clip. I remember that scene! We watched the original series & the reruns several times – a classic!

KS said...

FIR, despite having never heard of yarn bombing or thread jacker. Most of today's effort went smoothly, even without a unifier.

D4E4H said...

There, there Hare, Hare.
It must be Rabbit, Rabbit
or it won't work, work.

Thanks, thanks,

Ðavið, Ðavið 

Happy May Day!

Robin Stears said...

Happy Monday, solvers! The seed entry for this grid was YARNBOMBING! The LA Times is always looking for fresh language, and apparently, that was a new term for a lot of solvers. Ditto with THREADJACKING, which made an appearance in a crossword puzzle today for the first time. #First! 1️⃣🥇

I originally had a "Big Bang Theory" clue for STRING THEORY and a "Donkey Kong Country" clue for ROPE LADDER, but perhaps those were a little TOO fresh! LOL Kudos to Editor Patti Varol for coming up with terrific clues that were much more accessible to the LA Times Crossword audience.

Excellent write-up! I loved the cartoons. 🤣

I guess you could say I had today's puzzle all tied up. 😎

CrossEyedDave said...

Curiously, there was an article in todays paper about The British "yarn bombing" the streets in preparations for the kings coronation.

food for thought?

Jinx in Norfolk said...

Florida, not Carolina, did the Bruins in. I get my NFL and NHL Panthers and Hurricanes confused.

Husker Gary said...

Musings
-Even DEV was no problem and the gimmick was “duh” obvious
-A ten-minute REST in the early afternoon refreshes my batteries for the rest of the day
-“I Ohway, I Oh way, that’s where the tall corn grows”
-An unexpected clue for EAR DROPS, to say the least
-My MAMA always said, “Oatmeal will stick to your RIBS!’ Huh?
-Any MARGO I think of is MARGOT Kidder but her MAMA put a T at end so…
-Our town, Omaha and Lincoln are building APTS at a fever pitch
-Yes, Irish, my thoughts jumped to our furry Lily who holds our house together.
-Sumdaze’s write-up and Robin’s “inside baseball” comments brightened my Monday experience!
-Here come a bunch of 8th graders who will learn about Reconstruction today.

Sherry said...

Never heard of Yarn bombing, but I have seen it on Oaks here in Houston. Had to change ear rings to ear drops. Got all the "threads". Maybe a Tuesday?

Ray - O - Sunshine said...

Didn't need any "tail movements" for this str⁸forward Monday puzzle. Finished SOONER than later but then reading the write-up I realized I FIW; Hand up for THREADHACKER and OHAY 🙄

A "Tree house" often has a ROPELADDER and a "No gerlz aloud" sign 😠.

I know "ZipRecruiter" from their annoying radio ads. Thought "wound" was a noun and put INJURy, first, but it perped and works better as a verb, INJURE.

YARNBOMBING? WEES... I remember as a tyke, holding a skein of yarn on my outstretched arms while Gram wound it into a ball.

"Rowing machine"...ERG? ....

What a loaf must do before it's baked....RYES
If the Hertz and the Avis counters have no cars to rent, remember the ____....ALAMO
A dictator acts as judge ____ ...INJURY
Otitis therapy....EARDROPS

4 days of constant rain...and more to come. ⛈

Jinx in Norfolk said...

Gary, don't forget the late, great Margaux Hemingway.

Monkey said...

Missed FIR by one letter, the “j” in JACKER and OJAY. I had heard of YARN BOMBING, but not EAR DROPS.

I first saw MARGO Martindale in Justified and was bowled over by her talent and presence on the screen.

Fun puzzle for this lovely May Day. I loved the picture of Lilies of the valley, my flower. When I was a child in France it was customary to offer a bouquet of these aromatic flowers to friends and lovers. It still is, unfortunately today, instead of love and insouciance in France it’s people marching in the street, protesting.

sumdaze said...

Thank you for dropping by The Corner, Robin ... and for introducing me (and a few others) to YARN BOMBING!

Good catches on the CSOs, D-O@5:30 & IM@7:29!

Lee said...

Like RosE, I went with THREADhACKER. FIW, (sigh)
Else, great puzzle.

Charlie Echo said...

Add me to the THREADhAcker crowd. Looked OK, but I should have remembered OJAY. Fun start of the month, though- thanks, Robin! Enjoyed the write-up, as usual, Sumdaze! My Dad always said "If all ELSE fails, READ THE DIRECTIONS!

CanadianEh! said...

Marvellous Monday. Thanks for the fun, Robin (thanks for dropping by) and sumdaze.
I finished in good time, and saw the Twine theme, but made an incorrect WAG. I had THREAD hACKER instead of the J. I see that I am not alone. A well, it was a great CW IMHO.

A variation of 5A was a J word today.
I wanted SASSY at 40A, but it fit at 51D.
I noted REST crossing TEST, RYES crossing WISE.

I’ll accept that CSO for MPS. Our provincial lawmakers are MPPS (Members of Provincial Parliament).
Today is the last day to EFILE your Canadian taxes (you get an extra day because April 30 was a Sunday). Federal employees (including CRA workers) are on strike, which means there is nobody to contact for questions, password updates etc. Thankfully, I EFILED in early April and have my refund already.

I think of Picard with his UNIcycle.

Yes, Jinx, Toronto Maple Leaf fans are ecstatic at their win over Tampa, ending a 17 year curse in the playoffs. They are also happy to be facing Florida instead of Boston. Hope springs eternal for a Stanley Cup win (not seen since 1967!).

Wishing you all a great day.

Jinx in Norfolk said...

Happy May Day. Irrelevant but interesting (at least to me) is why we say "mayday" instead of "SOS." So I Googled it:

According to The Times of London from 100 years ago:
Owing to the difficulty of distinguishing the letter "S" by telephone, the international distress signal "S.O.S." will give place to the words "May-day", the phonetic equivalent of "M'aidez", the French for "Help me."

Chairman Moe said...

Puzzling thoughts:

FIR, from top left to bottom right. I was kind of expecting a "reveal", but the connection among the different threads was pretty obvious

Thanks Robin (one of my crossword puzzle constructor mentors) and Renee (sumdaze) for the Monday/Mayday entertainment

CED @ 8:38, regarding the "Final Knit" ... where DO you find these snippets??!! I'm curious to which search engine you use ... ;^)

Speaking of wool and knitting, I came across this old limerick of mine in a Facebook memory today ... and for those who aren't familiar, in this case "hooker" is another term for one who knits ... (yeah, right, Moe!!)

A young hooker ran into a priest
Shortly after her "john" had deceased.
"Father, yes I have sinned,
But I feel no chagrin;
There are scores from your flock I have fleeced"

Lucina said...

Hola!

Sigh. Me too on THREAD HACKER. I should have known OJAY.

Vicki CARR is more familiar to me than Robyn though I really enjoyed watching Virgin River on Netflix.

For me, it's always the GRASSY knoll. JFK. 1963. Friday afternoon.

MAMA mia. I really miss her.

Many years ago our library had a YARN event, not a bombing, but showing the many uses of YARN including learning to knit. I don't recall which set I visited but it wasn't knitting.

Two of my brothers are/were VETS, my brother Art and my late brother Fred.

I just looked up MRGO Martindale's IMBd and did not realize I had seen her in so many roles. No wonder I recognized her name!

Have a beautiful day, everyone! Happy May Day!

JJB said...

JJB. Just to make the comment that I find the inconsistency of the recent weeks puzzles (eg. since the edit change) qUite lamentable. When one is in a routine that has lasted for years it is somewhat unsettling to all of a sudden have such a change. I can and will get used to it but I don’t have to like it. Also, since I am complaining, the obscurity of some names just to make the particular line of the puzzle “work” is more than a little irritating. There, I’m done.

Misty said...

Delightful Monday puzzle, many thanks, Robin, I really enjoyed it. And always enjoy your neat commentary, Sumdaze, thanks for that too.

As soon as I saw INJURE, I worried whether it would be the CAT or the DOGs that might end up having to go to the VETs for some treatment. Or would they be the ones that INJUREd the ROOSTER? Hard to imagine a ROOSTER letting a CAT or a DOG get near enough to injure him. But, in any case, let's hope the critters live on a GRASSY AMISH farm with a nice VIEW.

My only other comment is to give Robin a thanks for including MARGO in the puzzle. "Misty" is my blog name, but my birth name is MARGOT, with the French "t" at the end. My mother was Austrian but a bit continental in her learning and interests, and so that's why she gave me the name. Many thanks, MAMA.

Have a great week coming up, everybody.

Jinx in Norfolk said...

C-Moe, I worked with a woman in Dallas who used to tell a story about her mom. She said her mom was a Hooker until she met her dad, and that she continued to be a Hooker until the day they married. Turned out that was her mom's maiden name.

ATLGranny said...

Today I join the group of Thread hACKERs, not knowing the OJAY guy. So, FIW again. But there was much to like in this puzzle including the theme. Thanks, Robin, for coming by to comment too.

And thanks, sumdaze, for a tight colorful review, adding to our enjoyment.

Happy Mayday to all!

Ol' Man Keith said...

sumdaze offers a fine commentary on today's Stears PZL.

DNF. I am unfamiliar with the "Love Train" group, so settled for OHAY instead of OJAY.
Why not? The long perp turned into THREAD HACKER instead of THREAD JACKER, a fill which, although incorrect, makes perfect sense.
I stand by my error, as it plays a major role in today's Diagonal Report (See DR below).

YARN BOMBING is also new to me. That, coupled with the unknowns (or un-sures) at 8D, 9D, and 10D, made for a rocky start to this Monday XWD.
~ OMK
____________
DR:
Just one diagonal, on the far side, with limited vowels.
The scarcity of vowels (just three) limits the possibilities, but I see one anagram (13 of 15) that refers to a theatrical career phase with which I am familiar.
Most authors of playscripts peak in the period between their 30s and early- to mid-60s. There are notable exceptions, but the majority of authors find their output declining in quantity, quality, or both by the time they reach their 70s,
a phase we may identify as a ...

"PLAYWRIGHT EBB"!

Ray - O - Sunshine said...

🎭

Well it's official, no more masks required in our hospitals as of today.

(I feel kinda naked...maybe I should grow a beard 🧔)

Also we hired many talented young rad techs out of school in the last couple years I've worked with every day and finally know what they look like

😊

CrossEyedDave said...

Chairman Moe,

Funny you should ask...

I am always signed in to YouTube via google Chrome, and being a packrat, I can never just delete something I like and think I can use later. The knitting video was something I saw about 5 years ago, and this puzzle just reminded me of it.

I must check the recommended vids several times a day, and quite honestly sometimes they just feed me the same old crap and I get sick of it. When this happens, rather than mark each video as not interested, I just go on this blog and watch whatever anyone posts. Even a few minutes of this never ending variety of what everyone here likes is enough to keep my recommendations very interesting...

unclefred said...

I found this to be a typical Monday in difficulty, in spite of some things (WEES) that I was not familiar with. AND many proper names, esp. for a Monday. Yet I somehow managed to FIR in typical Monday time. I suspect some clues very easy to suss, balancing out the things I DNK. Thanx RS for the fun. Thanx too to Sumdaze for the terrific write-up. I never floss, I tired of the floss getting stuck between teeth and leaving big snarled knots to try to pick out. Once a week I use a Waterpik and use H2O2 instead of water: kills all the anaerobic bacteria under the gum line, and washes them away. At 78 I still have all 32 teeth, and have never had gingivitis.

TXMs said...

Hand up for never heard of "yarn bombing" but, as mentioned by CED @8:38, here's another article re British "yarnbombing" in the village of Hurst outside of London. They've recreated a cast of characters who will attend the coronation. And, yes, it appeared in today's Chronicle. Sorry for no hyperlink, but maybe someone can help me?

https://kdhnews.com/living/ae/woolly-delinquents-celebrate-charles-coronation-in-yarn/article_b672aef8-a0c5-55b9-a5b5-8c8286b0b28c.html

Jayce said...

I liked this puzzle and sumdaze's write-up. Enjoyed reading what you all had to say, too.

Jayce said...

CED, I loved that "Last Knit" video.

Anonymous T said...

Hi All!

Thanks Robin for the grid and for stopping by. A fun puzzle to pull-on.

Great expo, sumdaze. I loved the xkcd and M*A*S*H* bit.

WOs: N/A
ESPs: OJAY, CARR, DEV
Fav: OMISH Paradise [Weird Al]

Eldest told me what YARN BOMBING a year or two ago. Spending lots of time online, I'm well aware of THREAD [hi]JACKING.
EAR DROPS, however...

Interesting re: May-day, Jinx. Thanks for sharing.

TXMs' link.

Cheers, -T

Wilbur Charles said...

FIW On Sunday We were driving from Dunnellon to Boston so I just finished this morning .I was thinking of Naples, Fla and inked St Lucie

Today I join the J on OJAYS/JACKET crowd for FIW. Did it online but I've found my tbtimes insert.

I irked ndak/IOWA;re. CASES.. Anybody following tgh Bud Light saga?

Anybody with the name Curley was nicknamed MAYOR in my day

Re. KRIS… Betsy is convinced that she knew Bobby Mcee which he wrote

Jinx, my Boston bros have all sorts of excuses. Then again they couldn't defend for one more minute

WC

Lucina said...

I see that many of you also started with HACKERS before JACKERS. It made sense to me. And I also just realized that I not only misspelled MARGOT's name I made hash out of it. I really need to wear my glasses when I type!

CSO to Misty at MARGOT!

AnonT
Thank you for posting those KNITTED decorated posts from the U.K. What a lot of work they did and they are charming!