Theme: What's your story? - The tail-end of the starred entries can follow story... and that's my story & I'm sticking to it.
11D. *Cigarette lighter alternative : MATCHBOOK. Story book.
35D. *14-Across-like sporting equipment : SNOWBOARD. Story board, used to pitch an idea.
17A. *Financial institution employee : BANK TELLER. Story teller, like Uncle Remus.
41A. *Sunbather's transition point : TAN LINE. Story line, the plot.
64A. "That's all she wrote," and literally, what the last word of each starred answer can be : END OF STORY
Argyle here. See? Mondays don't have to be short on theme. Just a note: I spent way too much time looking at TAN LINEs so I decided to link "tanning lady", but I just couldn't. She doesn't pass the breakfast test. I do think many of the photos of her have been altered, though.
1. Venomous snake : ASP
4. Classify : ASSORT
10. "We gotta get going!" : "C'MON!". Quit looking at tan lines.
14. Enjoy Aspen, say : SKI
15. "Pinball Wizard" rockers : "THE WHO". Link. (3:02) in stereo.
16. Repair for a tear : TAPE
19. Move a muscle : STIR
20. Do penance : ATONE
21. Versatile WWII vessels : LST's. For any 47-Downs out there, "Landing Ship, Tank".
22. Kept in the loop with a dupe, briefly : CCed. What a clue!
23. Loathe : DETEST
25. Synagogue scroll : TORAH
27. Challenging Chopin piece : ÉTUDE
30. Folder for arriving email : IN BOX
33. Low singing voice : BASS
36. Election Day list to choose from : BALLOT
39. Make a choice : OPT
40. Suffix with east or west : ERN
42. It's stroked by a rower : OAR
43. Personality component : EGO
44. Parka wearer, perhaps : ESKIMO
45. Dust Bowl st. : OKLAoma
46. Dots on a map : TOWNS
48. Up to this point : SO FAR
50. Outperforms : BESTS
53. Lied in a small way : FIBBED
57. Load, as cargo : STOW
59. Barrel of laughs : RIOT
62. Distance runner : MILER
63. "Moby-Dick" captain : AHAB
66. "Me neither" : "NOR I". "Art not".
67. Chairperson's list : AGENDA
68. Even, as a score : TIE
69. Landlubber : ship :: __ : ranch : DUDE
70. Sahara, for one : DESERT
71. Lesson about sin, say: Abbr. : SERmon
1. Equally undesirable : AS BAD
2. Do toe loops, e.g. : SKATE
3. Wine grape : PINOT
4. Swear (to) : ATTEST
5. One of the girls : SHE
6. Go like hotcakes : SELL
7. Avian symbols of wisdom : OWLS. More owls.
8. He could make Scarlett see red : RHETT
9. Sculpture subject : TORSO
10. Med. imaging procedure : CT SCAN. A computed tomography (CT) scan uses X-rays to make detailed pictures of structures inside the body. (cross sectioned)
12. Sheriff Taylor's son : OPIE
13. Geeky type : NERD
18. Miniskirts reveal them : KNEES. You know what Bob Hope said ....
24. Marching band instruments : TUBAS
26. Solemn event : RITE
28. Unpleasantly humid : DANK. And unpleasantly chilly.
29. __ Island: former immigration center : ELLIS. If you care to visit, ferry routes.
31. Fall birthstone : OPAL
32. More, in adspeak : XTRA
33. Pickled veggie : BEET
34. Jason's vessel : ARGO
37. VIP's ride : LIMO
38. Like basic switches : ON/OFF
41. Thomas Hardy heroine : TESS Of The D'Urbervilles.
45. Planetary path : ORBIT
47. Rookie : NEWBIE
49. Points toward : AIMS AT
51. Tire pattern : TREAD
52. Burn a bit : SINGE
54. Uses a paper towel on, as a spill : BLOTS
55. Goosebump-causing : EERIE
56. Salon blower : DRYER
57. Beach makeup : SAND
58. "__ shalt not ..." : THOU
60. Verses of praise : ODES
61. Muscle quality : TONE
65. HST was his last VP : FDR. Harry S Truman/Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Note from C.C.:
Here is the final installment of Kazie's trip to Spain. Thank you for carefully selecting the best of your photos and labeling each one, Kazie. Thanks also for the opportunity of seeing Spain through your eyes!