Theme: Batteries Included - Eight(8!) entries with four A's and only A's plus the reveal clued as the tiny battery.
18A. Undoubtedly : FAR AND AWAY. Link
23A. Lawn option in warm climates : BAHAMA GRASS. Link
33A. Straw topper first made in Ecuador, surprisingly : PANAMA HAT. Link
46A. Twin-hulled vessel : CATAMARAN. Link
51A. Sleepover with more giggling than sleeping : PAJAMA PARTY. Link
64A. Island off Africa's southeast coast : MADAGASCAR. Link
4D. Picnic staple : PASTA SALAD. Link
29D. Missed the bus, forgot lunch, argued with the boss, etc. : HAD A BAD DAY. Link
59D. Battery found, in a way, in eight puzzle answers : AAAA. Link
Argyle here. By my count(entries with A's only), there two triple A's and ten double A's; 49 in total. All those entries but the fill didn't suffer. The theme took up 79 squares. The grid doesn't look like a Tuesday but the solve was. Very good, Pawel.
1. File attachment icon : CLIP. A paper clip.
5. Caviar, e.g. : ROE
8. Inbox fillers : EMAILS
14. Turkish currency : LIRA
15. Train station abbr. : ARR. (arrival)
16. Update the factory equipment : RETOOL
17. Long-billed wader : IBIS
ibis in the myst
20. Computer adventure game : MYST
21. Not any : NONE
22. Ordered : BADE
27. Heavy drinker : SOT who might 36D. 27-Across sound : [HIC!]
28. South Seas resort island : TAHITI
39. Crimson Tide coach Nick : SABAN. Current head football coach of the University of Alabama.
40. Inland Asian sea : ARAL
41. Backless sofa : DIVAN
43. Woodworking groove : DADO. More information than you probably care to know. Link
44. Competitor : RIVAL
48. Obeyed a doctor holding a tongue depressor : SAID "AH"
50. Have a good cry : SOB
58. Olympic sprinter Devers : GAIL. ESPN Where Are They Now? Link
62. Still-life object : VASE
63. Be bold enough : DARE
67. Key of Beethoven's Ninth: Abbr. : D MINor
68. __ Islands, south of Cuba : CAYMAN
69. Suffix with pay : OLA
70. Fence the loot for, say : ABET
71. Lipton alternative : SALADA
72. Recipe amt. : TSP
73. "Star Wars" guru : YODA
1. Scale, as a wall : CLIMB
2. Egypt neighbor : LIBYA
3. Notre Dame's Fighting __ : IRISH
5. Battle of Britain fliers: Abbr. : RAF. (Royal Air Force)
6. Endangered ape : ORANGutan
7. Proofreader's find : ERROR
8. One of the Gallos : ERNEST. His brother was Julio.
9. __ school : MED
10. Run __: pay later at the bar : A TAB
11. Hawkeye State : IOWA
12. Put ammo into : LOAD
13. Roy Rogers' birth name : SLYE. Leonard Franklin Slye doesn't sound like a cowboy, eh?
19. Santa __ winds : ANA
24. May honoree : MOM
25. Just barely : A TAD
26. Carrier to Copenhagen : SAS
30. Construction beam : I-BAR
31. "Look what I did!" : "TADA!
32. Advised about : IN ON
33. Golf scorecard numbers : PARS
34. Operatic solo : ARIA
35. "Avatar" race : NA'VI. From the movie.
37. Actress Gardner : AVA
38. Bit of body art, briefly : TAT
42. Voyager-launching org. : NASA
45. Napkin holder : LAP
47. Floor-washing aid : MOP
49. Cuban capital : HAVANA
52. Madison or Monroe, for short : JAS. (James)
53. Fancy tie : ASCOT
54. Brunch and lunch : MEALS
55. Stallone role : RAMBO. Rocky was on TV so I stuck that in first.
56. Took a crack at : TRIED
57. Busybody : YENTA
58. Safari and Yukon : GMCs. General Motors Company van and SUV.
60. Pastoral verse : IDYL
61. Tibetan monk : LAMA
65. Meander : GAD. Roam.
66. Jay Z's genre : RAP