Theme: IM&CC - If you missed them in the NY Times, you can get their LA Times puzzle right here.
17A. Verizon invoice, e.g.: PHONE BILL
30A. Second wife of Henry VIII: ANNE BOLEYN
47A. Country divider that allows unrestricted travel: OPEN BORDER
11D. Molecular link with two pairs of electrons shared by two atoms: DOUBLE BOND
29D. "Button-Down Mind" comedian: BOB NEWHART
63A. Sensitive elbow area, and a literal hint to the circled letters: FUNNY BONE
Argyle here again. I sure hope you found the circles. There is no duplication in the order of the letters.
1. Complain and complain: CARP
5. Frolic in the field: ROMP
9. Searched for shells in the shallows: WADED
14. Where to find Java: ASIA
15. Governor Kasich's state: OHIO
16. Be a ham: EMOTE
19. Way to get there: ROUTE
20. Saint at a gate: PETER
21. Melt frost from, as a windshield: DE-ICE
23. Self-serve salad site: BAR
24. Old World Style sauce brand: RAGU
26. The "c" in a + b = c: TOTAL
28. Govt. agency that lends to start-ups: SBA. (Small Business Administration)
34. "It's __-brainer!": A NO
35. Humerus neighbor: ULNA
36. "__, black sheep ... ": BAA, BAA
37. Pierced ear parts: LOBES
39. Gives approval to: OKs
41. Horse's harrumph: SNORT
42. Consider carefully: PONDER
44. Coup d'__: ÉTAT
46. Opposite of SSW: NNE
49. Free app annoyances: ADS
50. __ Manor: "Batman" mansion: WAYNE. Stately I heard.
51. Mani go-with: PEDI. What is a decent price for the full works?
53. Sound of disdain: [BAH!]
55. Tot's reply to a taunt: DID SO
57. Shady retreat: ARBOR
61. Appliance maker: AMANA
65. Flat hat: BERET
66. Spring blossom: IRIS
|Spring Rain over Wild Iris | Maria A. Bales©|
67. Moniker: NAME
68. Perfumer Lauder: ESTÉE
69. Pinup Hayworth: RITA. A comely Rita Hayworth in a form-fitting negligee kneeling seductively on a bed made up in silk sheets.
70. Raised, as cattle: BRED
1. "Li'l Abner" creator Al: CAPP
2. Arthur with three Grand Slam singles titles: ASHE
3. Civil mayhem: RIOT
4. Bakery-café bread company: PANERA
5. Steal from: ROB
6. "Hmm, gotta think about that ... ": "OH, I DUNNO ... "
7. Eight furlongs: MILE
8. Well-mannered: POLITE
9. "Mom's gonna kill us!": "WE'RE TOAST!"
10. Latin "I love": AMO
12. Sundance's sweetie: ETTA. Etta Place was a companion of the American outlaws Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
13. Bambi, for one: DEER
18. Hurler's stat: ERA. (earned run average)
22. __ salad: COBB. Serving suggestion.
25. Guy's partner: GAL
27. Actor Alda: ALAN
28. Nosy one: SNOOP
31. Not wearing a thing: NAKED
32. Tall tales: YARNS
33. "Big" comics kid: NATE. I must have missed him.
34. Dog food brand: ALPO
35. Milk-souring warning number: USE BY DATE
38. Novelist Ferber: EDNA
40. "Hit the gas!": "STEP ON IT!"
43. Rice-A-__: RONI
45. "__ we alone?": ARE
48. Colorful timber tree: RED FIR. The name red fir derives from the color of the bark on old trees.
49. Online rent-a-room option: AIRBNB. It started out as AirBed & Breakfast.
52. Week segment: DAY
53. Yankee Ruth: BABE
54. Iowa college town: AMES
58. Wild hog: BOAR
59. "I'll pick up the tab": "ON ME". "I've got dozens of friends, and the fun never ends ... That is as long as I'm buying" ~ Styx – Too Much Time on My Hands.
60. Oboe or bassoon: REED
62. Marriage announcement word: NÉE
64. CIA cousin: NSA. (No Such Agency)